Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The long weekend

The long weekend

Old Jun 9th 2006, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default The long weekend

I just wondered how you will be spending this lovely long weekend. We are going up to Mount Tamborine tomorrow to visit the vineyards and stock up on a few bottles.....to keep us going through the long winter nights.

Sunday is lunch with in-laws and Monday (weather permitting) out on the boat, over to Tipplers for a drink with some friends and then back to work on Tuesday.

Whatever you are doing...have a good one

Sharon
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The long weekend

Originally Posted by Pasquill
I just wondered how you will be spending this lovely long weekend. We are going up to Mount Tamborine tomorrow to visit the vineyards and stock up on a few bottles.....to keep us going through the long winter nights.

Sunday is lunch with in-laws and Monday (weather permitting) out on the boat, over to Tipplers for a drink with some friends and then back to work on Tuesday.

Whatever you are doing...have a good one

Sharon
isn't it meant to be raining? I'm sure its going to be raining! We're suppose to be off camping up at Bundy, but again, I've been told that it'll be raining! Oh and its been raining here all day.............
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
isn't it meant to be raining? I'm sure its going to be raining! We're suppose to be off camping up at Bundy, but again, I've been told that it'll be raining! Oh and its been raining here all day.............
Oh well...if it is raining on Monday we will just have to stay home and start on the wine
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well...if it is raining on Monday we will just have to stay home and start on the wine
oh no, monday is meant to be ok, sun and highs of 22 degrees!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glittababe
oh no, monday is meant to be ok, sun and highs of 22 degrees!
Well if it is good and any of you fancy a drink over at Tipplers on Stradbroke Island..we will be there from about 2pm.

Our boat is called the Y Knot

Maybe see you there

Sharon
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:35 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it is good and any of you fancy a drink over at Tipplers on Stradbroke Island..we will be there from about 2pm.

Our boat is called the Y Knot

Maybe see you there

Sharon
Hey Sharon, we go to Tipplers quite a bit (apart from the last 6 months when we havent even been on the boat! ) when we boat, I'll keep an eye out for you next time we are out & about. Ours is Elsie May, white mustang with black covers if you see us out & about come & say hi .
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hey Sharon, we go to Tipplers quite a bit (apart from the last 6 months when we havent even been on the boat! ) when we boat, I'll keep an eye out for you next time we are out & about. Ours is Elsie May, white mustang with black covers if you see us out & about come & say hi .
would do but we'll be up at Bundy then we're going across to Cania Gorge. I want the weather to cheer up, but at the same time I know we need the rain
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We'd love to go away but too many family things going on (which is a surreal difference to being in the UK!)
I have friends for lunch tomorrow, then we're at my FIL's place in Sydney on Sunday. Haven't made up my mind about Monday yet. Bushwalking, lunch out ...maybe?