Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Long time no speak !!!!

Long time no speak !!!!

Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:13 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Long time no speak !!!!

Gday guys and gals.

Im guessing without reading all new threads a lot has changed.

Well we are here , have been for 6 months nearly, and loving every minute ofit.... and its not been a faultless journey without its hiccups and catastrophies. With events still emerging and biting our ass. LOL but who f***ing cares. We are living OUR dream, and living it well.

I hope to hear from some of my old mates, and if your a newbie, or contemplating that Move to Brisbane, give me a shout. I may be able to offer some advice. And trust me , after living here for over 5 months, a lot of the advice i received in here was utter crap. sorry those who advised.

Cyas soon, Steve Debs 3 kids, 4 dogs, 1 cockatoo, 3 cockatiels 27 budgies and 4,2 million flies xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:26 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Long time no speak !!!!

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Gday guys and gals.

Well we are here , have been for 6 months nearly, and loving every minute ofit.... and its not been a faultless journey without its hiccups and catastrophies. With events still emerging and biting our ass. LOL but who f***ing cares. We are living OUR dream, and living it well.

I hope to hear from some of my old mates, and if your a newbie, or contemplating that Move to Brisbane, give me a shout. I may be able to offer some advice. And trust me , after living here for over 5 months, a lot of the advice i received in here was utter crap. sorry those who advised.

Cyas soon, Steve Debs 3 kids, 4 dogs, 1 cockatoo, 3 cockatiels 27 budgies and 4,2 million flies xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Timber,
How you doing mate? Long time no see. Glad you have all settled well, I see you have a few new additions to your family too.
Which part of Brisane are you living in? Is the work flooding in? Andrew and I are just sat around waiting for visa grant now. We also have the small matter of selling blinking house. When we bought this house, I loved it, each days passes now with no viewings and I hate it more and more.
Good to hear from you. Best wishes.
Sarah
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:42 am
aussie73

Gday guys and gals.

what was the advice that turned out to be crap or useless?

Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aussie73

Tell us, tell us. I'm coming to Brisbane in 4 months, just can't wait now. Feel ready to get on that plane tomorrow.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aussie73

Ditto!

Welcome back BTW !
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Long time no speak !!!!

Gday guys and gals.

Hey dont bring your flies here, nice to hear you've made it - Scot
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:01 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cadman
Ditto!

Welcome back BTW !
Without wishing to sound repetitive....but

ditto!

What was the crap advice?

Rob
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Timber, welcome back, thought we'd lost you for a while I think we should be told - good advice, bad advice, why the need for so many birds - apparently not to keep the fly population down Everything I've read says you can't keep more than two dogs so how do you have four? questions, questions, questions.

Glad you've settled in though.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:25 am
Phoenixuk2oz

[QUOTE=And trust me , after living here for over 5 months, a lot of the advice i received in here was utter crap. sorry those who advised[/QUOTE]

Welcome back TF

Agree

I got some lousy advise on here too, although I didn't realise it till I came and saw for myself

IMHO lousy advise was;

Little /no choice of furniture
Little / no choice of clothes
Crap made
Expensive
No nice cheese
No nice chocolate
No nice bread
Meat not as nice as UK
Marmite doesn't taste the same
People unfriendly/shallow
Little or no choice in food/hardware/household stuff

It's all about opinions and persepective. Others may argue the above are true ...but in MHO the above was NOT true. There's more than enough choice. You just need to look around

Then again.......... who's to say who's right

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Feb 18th 2005 at 8:28 am.

Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:05 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to hear from some of my old mates
I won't say hello then.

G'day TF.
We have made it to Cairns and are settling in really well.

I thought of you the other day when I was in the bush inspecting termite mounds
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And trust me , after living here for over 5 months, a lot of the advice i received in here was utter crap. sorry those who advised.
Most of the hints I give people are utter cr*p, I know that I sit here for hours making up cr*p to put them off coming

However, people with a more balanced viewpoint on life tend to give advice based on personal experience - which is all most of us do have to go on.
The best thing you can do Timber, to redress the balance of cr*p, is to tell us what you personally think is good advice for newbies - after all you must have good solid opinions by now? If you just leave it with the statement you posted, then people will be none the wiser as to what is good advice and what is cr*p!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:12 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Gday guys and gals.

How spooky,
I was only wondering on tuesday what had happened to you!!!!!!! I was searching for accom in brissie and came across a post by you..........
hope its all going well for you............

sue
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:12 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

well how spooky I was just thinkin bout u last nite.....cos u just came after us.....ewwww er mrs lol

we been here just over 7 months..........good to here alll is well matey

have fun

H,W,Z&O
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
How spooky,
I was only wondering on tuesday what had happened to you!!!!!!! I was searching for accom in brissie and came across a post by you..........
hope its all going well for you............

sue
Sounds like he's having a ball - apart from coping with all our cr*p advice!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Most of the hints I give people are utter cr*p, I know that I sit here for hours making up cr*p to put them off coming
Thanks for that Poll, we know when we're not wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.