Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

long term biz visa

long term biz visa

Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

marknsal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default long term biz visa

hi there does anybody know how long it takes them to process the application, it's in wellington but they wont answer emails so cant put house on market or anything.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:29 am
Just Joined

dianebrough is an unknown quantity at this point

Our application for a LTBV was received in Wellington on 3/7/03. Spoke to them recently and were told they are now dealing with end of June applications so, if that is the case, would estimate about 7-8 months

Don't suppose this is what you wanted to hear

Diane
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by dianebrough
Our application for a LTBV was received in Wellington on 3/7/03. Spoke to them recently and were told they are now dealing with end of June applications so, if that is the case, would estimate about 7-8 months

Diane
Thanks Diane, thats not what i wanted to hear no. It makes it awkward when you have to sort out selling your house etc, how did you contact BMB in wellington i've tried emailing but they dont answer.
Regards mark
Old Feb 12th 2004, 7:56 am
Just Joined

dianebrough is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark

We rang on 00 64 9 914 4100 quoting our case number. Found both the lady on the help desk and the case officer we spoke to to be very helpful and seemed genuinley apologetic for the delay.

Apparently their busiest time is between 8am-10am (NZ time) but they are open from 7.00am-7.00pm NZ time.

We have the opposite problem to you. We put our house on the market last spring and had an offer of the asking price 2 days later, which was too good to miss. Have been lodging with my mother since - so suffice to say, we can't wait to go

Good luck

Diane
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:38 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: long term biz visa

Originally posted by marknsal
hi there does anybody know how long it takes them to process the application, it's in wellington but they wont answer emails so cant put house on market or anything.

All I could say is don't go over to NZ before you are granted the Visa...you might think you have a water tight case, but in reality this is a real b**ch of a visa to get a hold of now....we gambled going out early and it cost us a lot of money...£17,000 to be precise (without figuring for loss of earnings...then it's £25,000). Wellington is processing post July 2003 applications quicker I believe, so if you haven't applied then you may be looking at less then 8 months from the lodgement date if you lodge in 04.

Get used to the lack of communication until you get a case officer assigned ... then you'll get an email address for a contatc...until then you don't get any replies to emails etc...don't know why, just seems to be the way it is.....

I'd definitely use an agent as you'll be hard pressed to get it through without one.

all the best Rich.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all, by chance we recieved a reply yesterday saying it would be 9 to 10 months so at least we are getting somewhere, if only slowly.
Thanks again
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: long term biz visa

Originally Posted by dianebrough

Diane
Hi there have you got your ltbv yet, i got mine last week.What business are you doing?