Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the long goodbye is over

the long goodbye is over

Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

the rhinos will become famous soon enoughthe rhinos will become famous soon enough
Default the long goodbye is over

sat here in front of the computer crying telling my 9 year old boy im sorry for making him feel so bad 5 year old not so sure whats happening . we leave on friday via stops to brisbane .i know what were doing is right but it dosent feel that good now
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the long goodbye is over

Originally Posted by the rhinos
sat here in front of the computer crying telling my 9 year old boy im sorry for making him feel so bad 5 year old not so sure whats happening . we leave on friday via stops to brisbane .i know what were doing is right but it dosent feel that good now
Sorry that you're having a rough time of it at the moment, stress really is a sod. Have you got some plans in place for when you get to Brissie that will give the kids a really positive start? FWIW we're planning on taking Stepson swimming with dolphins within a day or two of arriving, give him a really positive memory of his start over there.

Hang in there, it will get better and he'll love it really quickly I'm sure.

Safe trip, and all the best
Niki xx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

jackie-nick will become famous soon enough

Hiya, I feel for you.
I keep mentioning the move to my 5 year old daughter and saying how great it'll be and she just starts crying saying I dont wanna go, I'll miss nanny. It makes you feel rotten and how can i do it to them. I,ve got that to come and we're not going for another year and i'm dreading it.
Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

its last minute nerves im sure you will feel better tommorow sending you some karma and a little keep us posted on how you are all getting on and ENJOY
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackie-nick
Hiya, I feel for you.
I keep mentioning the move to my 5 year old daughter and saying how great it'll be and she just starts crying saying I dont wanna go, I'll miss nanny. It makes you feel rotten and how can i do it to them. I,ve got that to come and we're not going for another year and i'm dreading it.
Good luck.
Just noticed you are on the south coast, so am I. Where are you from?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Bless him but try to keep positive, he'll be all the better for it in a couple of years. Kids have the canny way of making you feel bad for whatever you do...if you stay here he'll be making you feel bad in 10 years time when he wants to go and travel/live in Oz and say "if you went when I was a kid i'd already have a bloody Australian passport and wouldn't have to worry about this visa process!" x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GillyG
Bless him but try to keep positive, he'll be all the better for it in a couple of years. Kids have the canny way of making you feel bad for whatever you do...if you stay here he'll be making you feel bad in 10 years time when he wants to go and travel/live in Oz and say "if you went when I was a kid i'd already have a bloody Australian passport and wouldn't have to worry about this visa process!" x
Thank, thats a real positive way of looking at it.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jackie-nick
Thank, thats a real positive way of looking at it.
Hi Jackie, Nick & Family,

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your move. Stress is a bugger but hang in there, this time in 6 months you'll be livving it up and wondering what the hell you stressed about.

For what it's worth, I'm sure your not on your own

Take Care.

Donna
x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:05 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for your move, do some fun things when you get there and let us know how you get on.

Joexx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:12 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww bless ya here, heres a hug ((((((((((((((((((( hug)))))))))))))))) Everything will be fine, just give it time.Sending you some karma.xx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Reckon that you've just got a few heebie jeebies. Don't worry know I'll be doing the same if I ever get there. Kids are mixed as well one definately wants to go, 2 don't, the other is too young.

You know it'll all work out, we all go through stressful patches, and you know what give it a few days of settling in and there will be plenty of people on BE who'll trade places with you in a heartbeat.

GoodLuck,

Lynne