Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Long Aussie Weekend

Long Aussie Weekend

Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Long Aussie Weekend

Spent all my time between the garage and Bunnings.

Built myself a great big 6 foot workbench with an F17 (lintel) for the top. Its not the work of a genius ('a madman then' I hear you cry) but it's not too shabby.

Got a vice too.

I love this semi-rural bizo. I get up to all sorts of things at home. And now I know they make houses out of this stuff, I might even extend our laundry out on to the deck with framing timber and cladding now I've realised I am handy with a drill after all. lol.

My neighbour was watching me; he has extended his whole house with the same aforementioned framing timber and cladding. He said "Remember Badge (he didn't call me Badge of course) you're not building spaceships". No wonder people gripe about their homes being slightly out of whack. To be honest, its true, most of the time you're not building spaceships. And anyway, most spaceships of yesterday were made with gladwrap and tin foil and most blokes returned home safely, even Tom Hanks on the Apollo 13 mission.

Even had time to go to a little bush fire. Everyone is burning off now the restrictions are over. One nice little girl even came around with a tray of iced water. They love us. I told her to remember the biscuits next time.

Badge
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Aussie Weekend

This post was for the benefit of Mrs.Badge who is currently overseas.

For the full story of "The Badger Holiday Exploits" send a PM accompanied with a $10 pledge to the BE Insight Forum.

Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright

Built myself a great big 6 foot workbench with an F17 (lintel) for the top. Its not the work of a genius ('a madman then' I hear you cry) but it's not too shabby.

Got a vice too.

I love this semi-rural bizo. I get up to all sorts of things at home. And now I know they make houses out of this stuff, I might even extend our laundry out on to the deck with framing timber and cladding now I've realised I am handy with a drill after all. lol.

My neighbour was watching me; he has extended his whole house with the same aforementioned framing timber and cladding. He said "Remember Badge (he didn't call me Badge of course) you're not building spaceships". No wonder people gripe about their homes being slightly out of whack. To be honest, its true, most of the time you're not building spaceships. And anyway, most spaceships of yesterday were made with gladwrap and tin foil and most blokes returned home safely, even Tom Hanks on the Apollo 13 mission.

Even had time to go to a little bush fire. Everyone is burning off now the restrictions are over. One nice little girl even came around with a tray of iced water. They love us. I told her to remember the biscuits next time.

Badge
Can you get your arse round here and fit a water butt?

And I know I'm completely out the loop now, but errm you are Badge?

And who's this bicks bloke?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Can you get your arse round here and fit a water butt?

And I know I'm completely out the loop now, but errm you are Badge?

And who's this bicks bloke?
I am Badge. Yes. Lol. You'll have all the newbies wondering who Badge was now.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
This post was for the benefit of Mrs.Badge who is currently overseas.

For the full story of "The Badger Holiday Exploits" send a PM accompanied with a $10 pledge to the BE Insight Forum.

PMSL. ROFLOL. Etc etc.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Long Aussie Weekend

Got a vice too.
Ooooh, you sexy devil!

Badge
Good onya Badge, it's always great to hear your stories!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:49 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Good onya Badge, it's always great to hear your stories!
What are you suggesting Vash ?
That they are not founded on truth ?

Personall, I view them as factual reports.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:53 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Long Aussie Weekend

Originally Posted by Bix
What are you suggesting Vash ?
That they are not founded on truth ?

Personall, I view them as factual reports.
Pedantic bastard!

Not that I can talk, being a pedant myself...
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Pedantic bastard!

Not that I can talk, being a pedant myself...

I knew you would apreciate that one.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its all very well putting all that on here for the wife to read, Badge, but....HAVE YOU WATERED THE PLANTS??
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Question Re: Long Aussie Weekend

Does your local Bunnings sell sand?

Genuine question!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its all very well putting all that on here for the wife to read, Badge, but....HAVE YOU WATERED THE PLANTS??
Bugger.

I DID! I DID! I even contemplated updating my post. I'm a bit concerned. Despite my efforts they do seem a little unlike their normal selves. Even a bit listless.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does your local Bunnings sell sand?

Genuine question!
Mate, if they don't sell it, it's not worth having. <Sniff>
I've been walking around taking notes of all the prices and yes, they do. And no, I didn't write the price down.

Ok I lied...I have no idea
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger.

I DID! I DID! I even contemplated updating my post. I'm a bit concerned. Despite my efforts they do seem a little unlike their normal selves. Even a bit listless.
Obviously missing the female touch Do you stroke, chat, pass the time of day with them? or just sling a gallon of water their way

Am sure Mrs Badge will be very impressed with the work bench if her plants are dead BTW I assume she took the baby with her and that you haven't been forgetting to feed and water her
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:38 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Long Aussie Weekend

Mate, if they don't sell it, it's not worth having. <Sniff>

I've been walking around taking notes of all the prices and yes, they do. And no, I didn't write the price down.

Ok I lied...I have no idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.