Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lonely homesick single mum in sydney

Lonely homesick single mum in sydney

Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default Lonely homesick single mum in sydney

Hi, i am recently single mum in gladesville, not had the greatest of times just recently.

Lokking for other mums to meet and for going out weekends for drinks etc, anything really to keep my sanity.

kelly
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lonely homesick single mum in sydney

Sorry to hear of your woes. Hope things get a bit brighter for you soon.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

mrs wigan warrior is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi this is my first post so nice. I live in waitara am a mum off one don't where u are but if close i would be happy to meet up for a chat.Keep your chin up
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by taylor25
Hi, i am recently single mum in gladesville, not had the greatest of times just recently.

Lokking for other mums to meet and for going out weekends for drinks etc, anything really to keep my sanity.

kelly
Hi Taylor25

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it...

I am not going to be much help to you as I work everyday but I have been in your position and live in the Ryde area. Ryde libraries produce a sheet of local playgroups (I dont know how old your child is) and I went along to loads of them when I first moved out here and found a few with some like minded people. There is a good one at St Anne's Church in Ryde which isnt too far from you. They meet on a Friday about 10am -- just turn up and I'm sure they will give you a warm welcome. (Dont be put off by the church bit if you're not a church goer -- most people aren't)
Also keep an eye out for the FTC (First Tuesday of the month) threads on here. Lovely people again who will give you a warm welcome and who have all been in your position sometime or another. The Tuesday group that meet at Castle Hill RSL are also a great bunch although that is more of a trek for you.

It's hard but I would just say get out there and meet as many people as possible. Not all of them will be your new best friend but hopefully they will help you to fill your days and give you some adult conversation and open up opportunities for the odd night out!

Good Luck
Katherine