Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary V Daisy Hill Koala Sanctuary

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary V Daisy Hill Koala Sanctuary

Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:42 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary V Daisy Hill Koala Sanctuary

Has anyone been to both of the above koala sanctuary's in Brisbane?

I would like to know how they compare/contrast.

Lone Pine is $52 for a family of 5......Daisy Hill is FREE

Would love to know any feedback, as we have friends visiting from the UK this weekend and would like to make a trip to one of them.

Cheers, Lj
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary V Daisy Hill Koala Sanctuary

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Has anyone been to both of the above koala sanctuary's in Brisbane?

I would like to know how they compare/contrast.

Lone Pine is $52 for a family of 5......Daisy Hill is FREE

Would love to know any feedback, as we have friends visiting from the UK this weekend and would like to make a trip to one of them.

Cheers, Lj
Haven't been to Daisy Hill but did Lone Pine with UK visitors the other day - kids aged 14, 12 , 6 absolutely loved it - koala pictures, plenty to see besides koalas, we were there for an afternoon but could quite easily have made a day of it. Quite compact, so little legs don't get worn out.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Haven't been to Daisy Hill but did Lone Pine with UK visitors the other day - kids aged 14, 12 , 6 absolutely loved it - koala pictures, plenty to see besides koalas, we were there for an afternoon but could quite easily have made a day of it. Quite compact, so little legs don't get worn out.
Hi Pollyanna,
Thanks for the speedy response. Great to hear you liked it. So i'll give that one the . See what comes back on the other park.
Thanx again, ELLJAY
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

AJCS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

we been to Lone Pine too. Was really good. You can feed Kangaroos. Lots of other animals to see. Got pictures taken cuddling a Koala only cost about $20 - quite cheap I thought.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AJCS
Hiya

we been to Lone Pine too. Was really good. You can feed Kangaroos. Lots of other animals to see. Got pictures taken cuddling a Koala only cost about $20 - quite cheap I thought.
Thanx for that.
Funny but all the guide books i have - name Daisy Hill but not Lone Pine. Surely someone must have been to Daisy Hill
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Thanx for that.
Funny but all the guide books i have - name Daisy Hill but not Lone Pine. Surely someone must have been to Daisy Hill
yep, been to both. Koalas look the same - DH is an afternoon LP is a big old day

<Lone Pine is the winner!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi

We went to lone pine a few years ago whilst visiting Brisbane, We went by boat along the river, it was a bit more expensive but worth it. They give you a history of the Brisbane river and areas around it. Lone pine backs on to the river so if you want to make a day of it i would recommend it. Would be great if you had children or visitors.

Thanks

minibelle
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Thanx Minibelle & doub,

I think i'll put all the facts to my visitors and let them decide!!

cheers, Lj xx
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:07 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doub
yep, been to both. Koalas look the same - DH is an afternoon LP is a big old day

<Lone Pine is the winner!
Been to both and agree!
Mind you, DH is free and local so we go there a fair bit.

Andrew
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Been to both and agree!

Andrew
Is it worth me driving up from the bottom of the coast for it, or should we drive further and pay some money. I was thinking of doing the Daisy Hill one last holidays but because they don't have a web site I was put off a bit My girls weren't overly excited about it but would enjoy it if it was any good.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:30 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by andrew63
Been to both and agree!

Andrew
what has LP got that DH hasn't i guess is the question
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:30 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Is it worth me driving up from the bottom of the coast for it, or should we drive further and pay some money. I was thinking of doing the Daisy Hill one last holidays but because they don't have a web site I was put off a bit My girls weren't overly excited about it but would enjoy it if it was any good.
In my opinion there's not a lot 'to do' (never been to Lone Pine so I can't compare) ... they have a nice picnic/bbq area though and I do like walking in the bush aound there, lovely and cool.

I assume you've been the Currumbin?
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
In my opinion there's not a lot 'to do' (never been to Lone Pine so I can't compare) ... they have a nice picnic/bbq area though and I do like walking in the bush aound there, lovely and cool.

I assume you've been the Currumbin?
Couple of times. Think we've done koalas et al to death to be honest but there's that itch that we might be missing something
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:35 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Couple of times. Think we've done koalas et al to death to be honest but there's that itch that we might be missing something
Nope, I think that is ALL they do

I'm an Echidna fan meself, but not for yer traditional 'cuddle' though ...
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:29 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Yep also been to lone pine but not daisy hill. Loved it. Have great time wherever you go.

Joex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.