Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London weather forecast.

London weather forecast.

Old Aug 3rd 2003, 9:56 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default London weather forecast.

BBC reckon 35 on tuesday and 35/36 on wednesday.

Use it as a tester to see if you can cope with those temperatures in Aus all summer
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 10:05 pm
Badge

Default Re: London weather forecast.

what was it today Pete - 30??!!

Like an idiot - schedule necessitated it - I went for a 5 mile run in the park at 2pm - the last half a mile was a killer!!!

phew

badgers

Old Aug 3rd 2003, 11:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Badger, you're a twit! Wouldn't do that in the same temperature in Oz would you!!!
I think its just hotting up cos Carl arrives next Sunday - his workmates in Brissie told him it'll be cold and wet all the month he's here - obviously someone Up There is out to prove them wrong.....

On a more serious note - why is it that 35 degrees here feels so much more uncomfortable than 35 degrees in QLD? Is it cos we are not so used to it and not geared up for it here? What do people think?
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 11:23 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
BBC reckon 35 on tuesday and 35/36 on wednesday.

Use it as a tester to see if you can cope with those temperatures in Aus all summer

Bloody British weather some of us are trying to escape that kiind of weather , thankfully its going down to 2c at night this week in Perth.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:41 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
Badger, you're a twit! Wouldn't do that in the same temperature in Oz would you!!!
I think its just hotting up cos Carl arrives next Sunday - his workmates in Brissie told him it'll be cold and wet all the month he's here - obviously someone Up There is out to prove them wrong.....

On a more serious note - why is it that 35 degrees here feels so much more uncomfortable than 35 degrees in QLD? Is it cos we are not so used to it and not geared up for it here? What do people think?
Probably because it come out of the blue.

In QLD, you expect those temps, and after you've been there a month or so, you do get used it a bit.

In the UK summer, the temps on and off like a light switch.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:42 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by badgersmount
what was it today Pete - 30??!!

Like an idiot - schedule necessitated it - I went for a 5 mile run in the park at 2pm - the last half a mile was a killer!!!

phew

badgers
Yea i reckon it got to about 30 up in london badgers. Was 27 in Orpington, and its normally warmer in London.

Bet you got home dripping
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:53 am
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

I always thought it was a dryer heat here, and more humid in Australia, making it even more unbearable there! Now I am not so sure though..
Old Aug 4th 2003, 8:13 am
Badge

as they always used to say - well you have to be able to operate in all temperatures...no excuses!!

i was running sample buckets in 40 degree temps in the WA bush so I thought if I can do that - I can do this.. I felt pretty ok yesterday - just the last half a mile..

Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I dont think anyone is QLD does find 35 comfortable, sticky claggy humid perhaps but not comfortable. And it makes people horribly bad tempered. Going troppo
Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:18 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

phew

badgers

Is that all ? I went on a 5 yard rush to the bog coz I've got the squits

Didn't make it.

BB-eye of a needle
Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:19 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

i was running sample buckets in 40 degree temps in the WA bush

I could do with one of those buckets

BB-and a mop
Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Heat is on for temperature record

Hundreds watched a flying pig during a sunny Hyde Park event
The record for the hottest day ever recorded in the UK could be broken in the next week, say forecasters.
As the country enjoyed a blistering weekend, the BBC Weather Centre said the record of 37.1C (99F) could be toppled by mid-week.

BBC forecaster Robert McElwee said: "It's going to get even hotter. But it will be unpleasant for a lot of people."

The highest temperature was recorded exactly 13 years ago, on 3 August, 1990, at Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Betting agency William Hill has reduced its odds from 12/1 to 5/1 for bets that the temperature will reach 100F.

PC
Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:30 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed the air pollution on the way into London this morning. Struggled to make out landmarks about 5 miles away.

Originally posted by porkchop

The record for the hottest day ever recorded in the UK could be broken in the next week, say forecasters.
As the country enjoyed a blistering weekend, the BBC Weather Centre said the record of 37.1C (99F) could be toppled by mid-week.

BBC forecaster Robert McElwee said: "It's going to get even hotter. But it will be unpleasant for a lot of people."

The highest temperature was recorded exactly 13 years ago, on 3 August, 1990, at Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Betting agency William Hill has reduced its odds from 12/1 to 5/1 for bets that the temperature will reach 100F.

PC
Old Aug 4th 2003, 11:46 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by porkchop

PC

Bloody weather I thought the UK had the same weather in Summer as WA does in Winter , well its pissing down and cold here in Perth as it is most of Winter so whats this 35c in the UK bollocks , popping a few more dreams ?

Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:48 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Bloody weather I thought the UK had the same weather in Summer as WA does in Winter , well its pissing down and cold here in Perth as it is most of Winter so whats this 35c in the UK bollocks , popping a few more dreams ?

Your right pb its a real shocker....thats why every paper has 3 or 4 pages devoted to it....

Makes a nice change from the two weeks of grey skys and rain we just had though, so im not complaining !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.