Reload this Page >

London V Adelaide processing times

London V Adelaide processing times

Old Apr 19th 2002, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London V Adelaide processing times

Hi everyone.

As many of us who applied for our PRs just before the Nov cut off have began to realise, we should have waited! Seems those who applied Nov or after to Adelaide are getting much faster responses. We've been told the waiting time is about 20 months (London) - have those who applied to Adelaide been given a rough time in which you should get your visas?

Just a thought...If I had the money...wonder if I sent all my application stuff off to Adelaide now, whether I'd hear sooner than my London application sent in Aug 2001?? Is it possible do you think, or would it create confusion in the immigration offices?

Not that I'm going to do it or anything....it's just a thought...for now!!

Nah, just feeling a bit fed up with the wait, that's all. Hope everyone else is bearing up okay with the wait...

Cheers!

Lisa B
Old Apr 19th 2002, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Cobber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London V Adelaide processing times

Pardon my ignorance but what does PR stand for?
Old Apr 19th 2002, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cobber

Sorry about that - I've only just started to understand the jargon from this site myself and am just trying to be cool thinking I know when I might actually have got it wrong myself, but if I'm right - I think it means permanent residence visa. I'm talking about a skilled independent PR. Does that mean I should say a SIPR? Or is that taking it a bit too far?

Anyway. Thanks for your response.

Lisa B
Old Apr 19th 2002, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point

there were applicants just like me who applied on embassies other than London's and experienced the same frustrations. I think the whole thing had to do with the reforming of the immigration system (and maybe the September events influenced as well). My agent spoke with my case officer a few days ago and what came up was that the situation normalized and I will get the visa soon. He was also told that they will receive enough visas for everyone. Same good news came from applicants from Washinghton, Ankara etc. So, your visa is comming soon, a bit more patiente...
Old Apr 20th 2002, 8:38 am
ndaltonb

Hi Lisa,

Yes most do use PR for Permannet Residence visa, or just say skilled independant as the "PR" is assumed

Agree with you it is a tad annoying to see some people so fortunate with Adelaide processing, however, that's life and we will so much more appreciate it after all the waiting (at least that's what I keep telling myself!!)

Nigel db

Originally posted by Lisa B
Hi Cobber
...but if I'm right - I think it means permanent residence visa. I'm talking about a skilled independent PR. Does that mean I should say a SIPR? Or is that taking it a bit too far?
Lisa B