Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London to Sydney

London to Sydney

Old Sep 27th 2018, 11:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London to Sydney

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Well no I'm not German, just as your not Australian. I'm ever grateful, I don't inhabit your universe though. Airstrip one a form of comic relief on your part I expect.
Google it
Old Sep 27th 2018, 9:01 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

OK I get it now, Troubadour, you're not interested unless it suits your agenda, so you can get into trading insults. I implied you were a visitor, not a tourist. "Up to six weeks", you said, which apparently makes you an expert. Fair enough.

Apologies for interrupting the routine, oft repeated. I'm not interested in being part of it so I'll leave you boys to your size comparisons.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kooky.
OK I get it now, Troubadour, you're not interested unless it suits your agenda, so you can get into trading insults. I implied you were a visitor, not a tourist. "Up to six weeks", you said, which apparently makes you an expert. Fair enough.

Apologies for interrupting the routine, oft repeated. I'm not interested in being part of it so I'll leave you boys to your size comparisons.
Ok, I get it now Kooky. Over defensive with regards your adopted city for stating how I find it. The fact is regardless of terminology visitor or tourist, the amount of times I have been to Sydney, the people I know living there, hence their experiences, certainly allows me and qualifies me to voice a perfectly sound opinion on Sydney night life, to which at the end of the day, remains only a small feature of the overall picture.
You on your own acknowledgement have no idea about London, the city to which the OP is based in, hence I am able to disperse with comparisons, that nobody is being forced to accept.
As well you know I run no agenda, are you? It is often the case that an out of Towner, can provide a more accurate interpretation of a place than one that lives there, and sees it on a daily level. Please inform me where I claim to be an expert? I have clearly laid my cards on the table, stating I do not live in Sydney, have never been based with regards work directly in Sydney, but have been a fairly regular visitor over the years.
Just because you cannot get 'the better' of me and score points for your own agenda doesn't alter the tone or reality of the post.
Opinions do and will differ on such a subject, but you speak from only one side of the coin. Never too late 'to grow' and accept other sides beyond your own have validity. But please no envy on things nature didn't provide. Only lead to un called for or needed levels of stress. Enjoy a wonderful Sydney morning, regardless anyhow.

Last edited by the troubadour; Sep 27th 2018 at 11:44 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

far more well hung, and loads more doodle than you.
Then you throwing that around in the wrong place. You need a larger population to make it count.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I get it now Kooky. Over defensive with regards your adopted city for stating how I find it. The fact is regardless of terminology visitor or tourist, the amount of times I have been to Sydney, the people I know living there, hence their experiences, certainly allows me and qualifies me to voice a perfectly sound opinion on Sydney night life, to which at the end of the day, remains only a small feature of the overall picture.
You on your own acknowledgement have no idea about London, the city to which the OP is based in, hence I am able to disperse with comparisons, that nobody is being forced to accept.
As well you know I run no agenda, are you? It is often the case that an out of Towner, can provide a more accurate interpretation of a place than one that lives there, and sees it on a daily level. Please inform me where I claim to be an expert? I have clearly laid my cards on the table, stating I do not live in Sydney, have never been based with regards work directly in Sydney, but have been a fairly regular visitor over the years.
Just because you cannot get 'the better' of me and score points for your own agenda doesn't alter the tone or reality of the post.
Opinions do and will differ on such a subject, but you speak from only one side of the coin. Never too late 'to grow' and accept other sides beyond your own have validity. But please no envy on things nature didn't provide. Only lead to un called for or needed levels of stress. Enjoy a wonderful Sydney morning, regardless anyhow.
Well it sounds like I am the only one qualified to comment. Nearly 2 decades in total in London and over 2 decades in Sydney. Both on and off.

Without the risk of repeating I will send you back to post 4 which is a very neutral opinion of both places focusing on the posters circumstances.

Not sure why you feel the need to lie or exaggerate things about Sydney. One can only assume you do it out of resentment. That's why I am here ....... to trip you up.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well it sounds like I am the only one qualified to comment. Nearly 2 decades in total in London and over 2 decades in Sydney. Both on and off.

Without the risk of repeating I will send you back to post 4 which is a very neutral opinion of both places focusing on the posters circumstances.

Not sure why you feel the need to lie or exaggerate things about Sydney. One can only assume you do it out of resentment. That's why I am here ....... to trip you up.
About the only tripping up you'll do if over your moggie, after likely kicking it in frustration. Sydney over inflated property values is not in the imagination. It is real and it is a very serious concern. Doesn't matter to all, if night life is tame, compared to cities less than half Sydney's size, but prohibitive living costs certainly does. High rents certainly do. The strain that creates on family life and relationships certainly do.
Rent seekers can crow till the cows come home, but those are the facts. Life should not be Live, Work, Work, Die.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Then you throwing that around in the wrong place. You need a larger population to make it count.
A burden one must carry around I'm afraid. I suspect you mean more useful in a place of low population growth to make 'a difference'. Being a Sustainable Australia supporter I do not bend towards acts of folly.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Google it
What not being German? Or you not really being a Zulu ? Sorry to break it to you, of course you can be, whomever you want to be.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

About the only tripping up you'll do if over your moggie, after likely kicking it in frustration. Sydney over inflated property values is not in the imagination. It is real and it is a very serious concern. Doesn't matter to all, if night life is tame, compared to cities less than half Sydney's size, but prohibitive living costs certainly does. High rents certainly do. The strain that creates on family life and relationships certainly do.
Rent seekers can crow till the cows come home, but those are the facts. Life should not be Live, Work, Work, Die.
Why is your inability to get on the property ladder in Perth everyone elses problem in the rest of the world?

I know you have been looking for property market support on this forum for a long time but no one is giving you that support you so desperately require.

Perhaps start a new thread about global property markets and we can focus on that in a thread of it's own.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 3:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What not being German? Or you not really being a Zulu ? Sorry to break it to you, of course you can be, whomever you want to be.
Airstrip One
Old Sep 29th 2018, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why is your inability to get on the property ladder in Perth everyone elses problem in the rest of the world?

I know you have been looking for property market support on this forum for a long time but no one is giving you that support you so desperately require.

Perhaps start a new thread about global property markets and we can focus on that in a thread of it's own.
Feeling the heat now the first rung of your ladder has been removed? Understandably so. Flogging over inflated condoms in a city at breaking point, must cause sleepless nights.
Always available with advise of course but global real estate, probably not a thing for such a forum, I'm sure you'll agree on reflection. Sydney's on the other hand, is a dogs breakfast waiting to happen. Even spruiking will be seen as a comedy act which of course may prove to be your choice of new career path.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Feeling the heat now the first rung of your ladder has been removed? Understandably so. Flogging over inflated condoms in a city at breaking point, must cause sleepless nights.
Always available with advise of course but global real estate, probably not a thing for such a forum, I'm sure you'll agree on reflection. Sydney's on the other hand, is a dogs breakfast waiting to happen. Even spruiking will be seen as a comedy act which of course may prove to be your choice of new career path.
I sleep fine especially after a couple of glasses of Grange while you back pack around Borneo because it's the cheapest holiday you can find while saving for that elusive first flat in Perth.

Meanwhile, why are your housing ownership woes everyone elses problem? Please start the thread. This should be fun.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 10:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies to the OP. I hope you received the very useful posts in amongst the complete and utter bull offered up by two guys arguing for no apparent reason other than because they can. I've closed the thread because I can't see any way back to intelligent factual dialogue.