Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London/Surrey area

London/Surrey area

Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: London/Surrey area

Originally Posted by Huni
Hi.. just found this thread.. I live at the edge of Norbury and Mertom/Mitcham which i don't thinkj is far from you guys! Are you all still here?
Hi Huni
We are quite near you in Sutton, where you headed? We are off to Brisbane when we sell the house which is proving harder by the minute.
Maisey
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:27 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

A few of us from the loners thread are trying to arrnage something in Wimbledon. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll kepp you updated.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
A few of us from the loners thread are trying to arrnage something in Wimbledon. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll kepp you updated.
my limp and I will come...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maisey
Hi Huni
We are quite near you in Sutton, where you headed? We are off to Brisbane when we sell the house which is proving harder by the minute.
Maisey
Hi Maisey, I take the kids to sutton arena for ballet and athletics.. .. we're headed to melbourne and possibly adelaide.. (or anywhere) should a job offer come from somewhere else!.. when did you apply? i applied in Feb..
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maisey
Hi Huni
Maisey
just realised.. you have your visa already.. when are you going?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:24 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hi All, Just come back to BE. having retired to Oz 4 years ago we found the forum very usefull.I went to Morden Farm and lived in Dunster Avenue.We had house in North Cheam when married, we are returning to UK in November for holiday,I know it cold and wet at that time but we have to use our points or lose them.We live 80 kms south of Sydney.Looking for the A$ to weaken so we can transfer our some money out here. Colin, Significant other to YAFM
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Huni
just realised.. you have your visa already.. when are you going?
Hi Huni
Wea re trying to sell the house at mo just reduced it again lots of interest but waiting to sell theirs. We need to be gone by Oct 13th so fingers crossed we sell soon. Basically as soon as exchanged willbook flights. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:13 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Little bump in case anyone's still about.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:44 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I was just having a meander through the threads and came across this and it's brought a big smile to my face seeing people writing about my old stamping ground! I was brought up near Morden Park til I was 11, went to school in North Cheam and then moved to between Cheam and Sutton. Happy Days!!

I'm in Cairns now so a bit far to go for a meet-up but still good to see familiar place names!

Good luck with your visa Scuba Steve if it's still being processed
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I was just having a meander through the threads and came across this and it's brought a big smile to my face seeing people writing about my old stamping ground! I was brought up near Morden Park til I was 11, went to school in North Cheam and then moved to between Cheam and Sutton. Happy Days!!

I'm in Cairns now so a bit far to go for a meet-up but still good to see familiar place names!

Good luck with your visa Scuba Steve if it's still being processed
Thanks Bag!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:17 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

hi there chaps just wanted to join in! spent many years in wallington on roundshaw, went to carshalton girls and was always hanging around sutton high st.-went back in may for a visit -WOW its changed. my best mate lived in wimbledon/morden -rustington walk
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:14 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
hi there chaps just wanted to join in! spent many years in wallington on roundshaw, went to carshalton girls and was always hanging around sutton high st.-went back in may for a visit -WOW its changed. my best mate lived in wimbledon/morden -rustington walk
Did you visit Roundshaw when you were back? although it's not Roundshaw anymore, I can't remember what they like to call it now ... Wallington Village? It's hugely changed and so much nicer looking with all the new housing. I had piano lessons in Wimbledon and went to St Philomena's .... remember the ewwwwky brown uniform - that was me

How long have you been in Australia?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:32 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

remember the ewwwwky brown uniform - that was me

Ha Ha your poor thing! yeah turquoise always went with brown eh? and those socks! carshalton girls may have given St.Phils some stick but we always felt sorry for that uniform!
yeah went to visit the old stomping ground in may-totally changed now, didn't recognise the place- I remember the day I watched them knock down Instone Close, a sad day I tell you.
been here 3 1/2 years now-a different planet down here eh?