Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London/Surrey area

London/Surrey area

Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: London/Surrey area

Originally Posted by Stefjt
Hiya all,
We are in North Cheam! and hoping to go to sunshine coast, QLD next summer as long as all goes ok with our application. We had our app ack 8 Nov and are waiting for a CO.
Good luck to you all & merry xmas!
We are in Sutton just waiting........................................... ...at moment for the golden ticket hopefully headed to Brisbane early half of next year. Gotta put house on market and hope it sells quick.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

coriuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I am in London, I am actually Australian, but have lived here for 13 years. We are heading back next year. We will be going to Sydney
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Blimey - you all bring back memories for me! I was born in Croydon (St Mary's) and brought up in Morden. Spent a lot of time in North Cheam, Worcester Park, Mitcham and Sutton (good old number 80 bus from Stonecot Hill/Tudor Drive to Sutton Market!). Went to Tudor Primary (still there but not a primary anymore), Morden Farm Middle (now demolished) and Willows High for Girls on Central Road (now one of the Tech buildings I believe).

Now living in Milton Keynes and have visa (hurrah!) so looking at moving to Adelaide or Melbourne in Aug/Sept.

Last edited by Iwannabethere; Jan 4th 2008 at 1:45 pm. Reason: Spelling!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

No 80 still goes to all those places, sutton market is now quite small and high street has probably changed as Sutton is strewn with pubs and night clubs now.
Congratulations on visa wish you luck with your new life.

Last edited by maisey; Jan 4th 2008 at 3:16 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

NO WAY, I went to Tudor and Morden Farm!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
NO WAY, I went to Tudor and Morden Farm!
Spooky! Mind you, if you were born in 1977 (as implied by your user name) you were there seven or eight years after me! Which secondary school did you go to? Willows was closed by then.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

I must change my username and email, gives away my age - was ok when I was in my mid 20's but I'm getting sensitive now I'm the big 30

We moved to North Devon when I was 12 so I went to comprehensive there. We moved back down here in 1999 - I'm living in Cheam now. We used to live in Lower Morden (Seymour Avenue - just round the corner from Tudor).

When are you emigrating - have you decided yet? We got our VISA in October - we're activating in March but probably not going for good for another 18 months or so (seems like forever)!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm living in Cheam now. We used to live in Lower Morden (Seymour Avenue - just round the corner from Tudor).

When are you emigrating - have you decided yet? We got our VISA in October - we're activating in March but probably not going for good for another 18 months or so (seems like forever)!!
We lived on Lynmouth Avenue! Just down the road!

Hoping to emigrate Aug/Sept. We are also validating in March! We will be in Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne with both our mothers :curse: I think those smilies just about describe how I'm feeling about it!!!!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Small world!

Your brave going away with both mothers!! Are they just holidaying or thinking of emigrating too?

My brother and his girlfriend are at the CO requesting medicals stage of the visa process. My parents are trying to get out too, either on a ENS visa with age waiver (dad's 53) or parent visa. Also, two of my cousins with their spouses and kids are coming - it's gonna be a mass exodous for us!!

Bummer that your not ready to go in March, save on the flights!! I noticed from your signature that you've got a littleun - if the grandparents aren't coming how have they taken you going? My MIL not too happy with us taking our four year old.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Small world!

Your brave going away with both mothers!! Are they just holidaying or thinking of emigrating too?

My brother and his girlfriend are at the CO requesting medicals stage of the visa process. My parents are trying to get out too, either on a ENS visa with age waiver (dad's 53) or parent visa. Also, two of my cousins with their spouses and kids are coming - it's gonna be a mass exodous for us!!

Bummer that your not ready to go in March, save on the flights!! I noticed from your signature that you've got a littleun - if the grandparents aren't coming how have they taken you going? My MIL not too happy with us taking our four year old.
Defo holiday for the mothers!!! If they emigrate I'm leaving!!! (Only kidding!) To be honest, my parents see Rebecca so rarely (3 or 4 times a year for a couple of hours each time) that I don't think it will be too big a deal. OH's parents though see her every week for a couple of hours and will find it hard. I don't think they really realise that we are leaving quite so soon as OH was rather ambiguous with them about the whole thing but it is something that needs to be re-broached with them before the reccie as one of the reasons for going is to try and get OH to as many interviews as possible! We have said that we would like them to come over for a month or two every UK winter at our expense (flights and accommodation) but they are going to take it hard. Rebecca is the only granddaughter!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
We lived on Lynmouth Avenue! Just down the road!

Hoping to emigrate Aug/Sept. We are also validating in March! We will be in Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne with both our mothers :curse: I think those smilies just about describe how I'm feeling about it!!!!!
I know this is an old thread but I was just reading it and just wanted to add that my Hubby used to live in Lynmouth Ave, no 168 and he is also a mac operator from Carshalton..................
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sundropstar
I know this is an old thread but I was just reading it and just wanted to add that my Hubby used to live in Lynmouth Ave, no 168 and he is also a mac operator from Carshalton..................
yeah, just seen it and I live in Colliers Wood!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Small world!

We got back from our activation visit yesterday - had a great time (although short) time over there. We stayed in Coolangatta at the end of the gold coast - it was amazing there. Can't wait to move now!

Back to work in smelly old London for now though...

Ems
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough

Hi.. just found this thread.. I live at the edge of Norbury and Mertom/Mitcham which i don't thinkj is far from you guys! Are you all still here?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Used to live in Morden. In Milton Keynes now so probably too far away for this meet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.