Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

London Olympic Games 2012

London Olympic Games 2012

Old Jul 6th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: London Olympic Games 2012

Originally Posted by BAY
Not good news for those who live in London who will see huge rises in Council Tax to pay for it. The rest of the country will probably suffer as money is diverted to pay for it.

Or am I just being a pesamistic old git ?

YES
Old Jul 6th 2005, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Polish construction workers are to hold a national holiday in celebration of the decision...

Let the tide of Eastern Europeans sweep the cliffs from Dover.

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Come on you Brits, well done London! Fully deserved.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:05 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Bloody hope I am watching from Australia!
Bloody hope I'm not we live twenty minutes away so will be coming back and begging lodge
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:07 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Just read the comments thread over at the BBC news site on this, similar sentiments being expressed here I see. Have to say it makes me sick to the core how some people can see no good in anything. They spend their pathetic lives constantly whinging and complaining about one thing after another. What a drain it must be, to constantly wear a sour frown on your face.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just read the comments thread over at the BBC news site on this, similar sentiments being expressed here I see. Have to say it makes me sick to the core how some people can see no good in anything. They spend their pathetic lives constantly whinging and complaining about one thing after another. What a drain it must be, to constantly wear a sour frown on your face.
Maybe once you've finished being sick and issuing sweeping generalisations you may just like to remove your blinkers and wake up to the fact that some people choose not to get carried away on the wave of celebration sweeping the capital and concentrate on matters a little more serious and closer to home. I think it's called being a realist
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandradee
Two more words: nob and head

Thanks for your considered reply.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:24 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BAY

Or am I just being a pesamistic old git ?
No, you're not!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:26 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Maybe once you've finished being sick and issuing sweeping generalisations you may just like to remove your blinkers and wake up to the fact that some people choose not to get carried away on the wave of celebration sweeping the capital and concentrate on matters a little more serious and closer to home. I think it's called being a realist
Well said
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:53 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
On the basis of what? A glitzy video and shallow promises?

2 words: Wembley Stadium
? what about Wembley? the new stadia behind the will be finished in time for next years FA Cup, dunno why people are Sooo down on this country getting the ollys,
Imagine the feel good factor when it's on! I remember the whole country getting hyped when we hosted the 1996 European Championships..

two words indeed!
Holland 1 England 4
whole country mental!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:56 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Increased Council Tax, Increased Congestion in London, Profits for business but not the average person, floods of cheap labour flooding the country virtually killing off the last of the tradespeople, backhanders for cheap contracts........ahh yes, we won the olympics!

The only good thing to come out of it, is that the exchange rate went up by nearly a cent. Hope it keeps going until I change up my money on Friday!

Steve.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:00 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Increased Council Tax, Increased Congestion in London, Profits for business but not the average person, floods of cheap labour flooding the country virtually killing off the last of the tradespeople, backhanders for cheap contracts........ahh yes, we won the olympics!

The only good thing to come out of it, is that the exchange rate went up by nearly a cent. Hope it keeps going until I change up my money on Friday!

Steve.
Cant please everyone.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:04 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Another good reason for going to Australia, to get away from all the Olympic hype that will be spun from now until 2012.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Yeah!.. come on down.

I'm sure your pessimism and cynisism will stand you in good stead as you embark on your new life

Dont remember the Aussies having this attitude when they got the bid
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Yeah!.. come on down.

I'm sure your pessimism and cynisism will stand you in good stead as you embark on your new life

Dont remember the Aussies having this attitude when they got the bid
Well said podgypossum = some people cannot rejoice in anything just toooo negative [ good on you London well done ]
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:26 pm
?????????

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Well said podgypossum = some people cannot rejoice in anything just toooo negative [ good on you London well done ]
Agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.