Reload this Page >

Logan, Queensland

Logan, Queensland

Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

naomif is on a distinguished road
Default Logan, Queensland

Hi,

Got an interview for a job at Logan Hospital and wondered if anyone had any experience of that Hospital or the area in general?

Cheers

Naomi
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:22 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Logan, Queensland

Logan Hospital is huge - deals with most of the population of South Brisbane. One of my mates works there and loves it (Mental Health Nurse). I wouldn't actually live in Logan though (low socio-economic area in general) but Logan is an easy place to drive/commute to as it's just off the highway.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:28 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naomif
Hi,

area in general?
Very bad rep.........however I'm sure there are nice areas nearby and easily commutable.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:06 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

I grew up about an hour from Logan and we always said that there was a reason it rhymes with BOGAN!!!

Still, I went to the hospital to do my First Aid cert back in 2001 - it was huge, and seemed all new and nice. One thing it appears re: Logan is that there is a lot of opportunity for working with people who are struggling - which I imagine would provide you with great career experience.

Another thing: sometimes the reputation of a place IS really a generalisation and when you get there you find it's not all bad. It is possibly cheaper house/rent wise in that area and it is still within an hour (or less) from Brisbane, the Coast and the country. As others have pointed out - you could always commute.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:29 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naomif
Hi,

Got an interview for a job at Logan Hospital and wondered if anyone had any experience of that Hospital or the area in general?

Cheers

Naomi
Hi Naomi,

I lived for a year about 5 minutes from the hospital, yeh it's got a bad rep around there but there are good pockets of sanity and you don't have to go far to find perfectly usable acreage blocks that are relatively affordable and commutable to the CBD too (30 minutes on clear roads, over an hour realistically in peak).

15 minutes commute will get you a very nice place far away from the madness of a suburb like Woodridge (say), no decent public transport out there though if that makes a difference.

As far as house prices go if you've got $400,000 to spend I'd say you would do very well. We bought for $315,000 a year or so ago and I don't see us moving ever.

As alluded to, one man's 'bad area' is another's bargain hunt.

No experience of the hospital, I hope that continues

Good Luck,
Matt
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:52 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Let us however put into perspective for you.

Bad rep/area Logan

Bad rep/area Manchester

Not the same trust me Manchester has far scarier areas in Logan. I mean you can still actually leave your house after dark, which in some areas of Manchester I certainly wouldn't

So all in yep for locals it hasn't got the best reputation, however being a Manc you will be in Paradise