Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Location, location, location

Location, location, location

Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Location, location, location

Looks like i opened up a bit of a can of worms on that one( armadale perth) , trouble is that when your'e thousands of miles away you can't really tell what the area is like, can anyone give me any pointers through, my budget is going to be around the $300,000 ( oz dollars) mark and am looking for Perth, Adelaide or Victoria area ( preferably within commuting distance of major cities), have got two kids and am going as a gas fitter so would be nice to go to an area without to high unemployment
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

Originally Posted by nickallen1969
Looks like i opened up a bit of a can of worms on that one( armadale perth) , trouble is that when your'e thousands of miles away you can't really tell what the area is like, can anyone give me any pointers through, my budget is going to be around the $300,000 ( oz dollars) mark and am looking for Perth, Adelaide or Victoria area ( preferably within commuting distance of major cities), have got two kids and am going as a gas fitter so would be nice to go to an area without to high unemployment
With regards to Perth your budget won't get you a lot at all, maybe a 3x1 in a dodgy suburb. www.realestate.com.au and www.reiwa.com.au is a start and www.aussiemove.com has a very useful suburb guide along with a map, on the home page the suburb guide is in the middle down the bottom of the page. Good luck with your move.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide:

For $237k I bought a lovely 3 bed house (with pool ) on a 911 meter block. It's about 30 minutes away from the CBD by bus, or about 20 by car.

I find that Adelaide is really easy to get around, and the traffic isn't all that bad (mostly)

I've attached piccie's so you can see what I bought for that money.
Attached Thumbnails Location, location, location-dining-room.jpg   Location, location, location-kitchen.jpg   Location, location, location-lounge.jpg   Location, location, location-pool.jpg   Location, location, location-front.jpg  

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
Adelaide:

For $237k I bought a lovely 3 bed house (with pool ) on a 911 meter block. It's about 30 minutes away from the CBD by bus, or about 20 by car.

I find that Adelaide is really easy to get around, and the traffic isn't all that bad (mostly)

Looks nice wendy. Gotta ask tho, is that naked tennis on the TV???
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andicee
Looks nice wendy. Gotta ask tho, is that naked tennis on the TV???

Don't know mate, they turned it off when we went to have a look round

Maybe when I move in.....
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:29 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide:

It has taken a few minutes to reply - I was stunned and could not pick my jaw up off the floor. Round here you are looking at 3 to 4 times that amount, but then we did choose Sydney
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:31 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a nice house Wendy. Will they leave the charming decorative fan on the wall?
Seriously, it'll be great to be in. I bet you're in your place before we're in ours....
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by walaj
It has taken a few minutes to reply - I was stunned and could not pick my jaw up off the floor. Round here you are looking at 3 to 4 times that amount, but then we did choose Sydney
Adelaide is fabulous isn't it Lots of jobs, easy for hubby to get a licence, cheap houses (in certain parts), easy to get around and well it's just wonderful

Originally Posted by iPom
That is a nice house Wendy. Will they leave the charming decorative fan on the wall?
Seriously, it'll be great to be in. I bet you're in your place before we're in ours....
My daughter has specifically asked for that fan to be left

We will be in there no later than the 25th May, which is my 13th wedding anniversary
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:41 am
Account Closed

<sob>

13... lucky for some, Wendy.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

<sob>

13... lucky for some, Wendy.
The weird thing is that's also the house number
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're showing you're age now.....

I've never heard of it
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:56 am
Account Closed

What, 36?

You should have watched more BBC2.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What, 36?

You should have watched more BBC2.

Ah, but I'm only twenty fifteen
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:00 am
Account Closed

Ah, but I'm only twenty fifteen
Ah, a mere youngster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.