Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Local removals Melbourne

Local removals Melbourne

Old Jun 13th 2013, 2:59 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Local removals Melbourne

Hi,

We are, hopefully on the move in Melbourne ( finally biting the bullet and buying a place to call home!)

Can anyone recommend a reasonably price removalist? I'm prepared to pack up the stuff, but I'm just not up for moving the furniture!

It's probably an hours' drive away, so need a bit more than a man with a van!

Cheers
Ali
Old Jun 14th 2013, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Local removals Melbourne

Originally Posted by alipally
Hi,

We are, hopefully on the move in Melbourne ( finally biting the bullet and buying a place to call home!)

Can anyone recommend a reasonably price removalist? I'm prepared to pack up the stuff, but I'm just not up for moving the furniture!

It's probably an hours' drive away, so need a bit more than a man with a van!

Cheers
Ali
Sorry, can't give a name but a bit of advice FWIW. My brother and his wife just did a move in Melbourne. They'd sold their house and got lots of flyers in the mail offering removals (obviously the moving firms look at the house sale results). They booked a firm which advertised a very favourable rate in their flyer and did so over the phone. When the job was completed they were charged more - it was pointed out that the lower rate advertised was for online bookings.

So, check the fine print and you might be able to get a decent price by booking online is the moral of the story.

I presume you've done an online search on removalists in your area but were just looking for personal recommendations?