Loan for PRs

Old Sep 9th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Loan for PRs

Hi folks,
Just wondering if there is any loan available to PR holders upon arrival.
BTW, What would be the easiest to get?

Tnx
Old Sep 10th 2006, 9:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loan for PRs

We've been looking for loans for about a week now and nobody will lend us money until we have been here for 3 months with 3 months worth of payslips behind us. Not even a credit card from the bank holding our substantial term deposit. Others have said that they have been able to get mortgages, but we have had no joy yet.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to learn abou that, hope you get it ASAP.

Originally Posted by dotnron
We've been looking for loans for about a week now and nobody will lend us money until we have been here for 3 months with 3 months worth of payslips behind us. Not even a credit card from the bank holding our substantial term deposit. Others have said that they have been able to get mortgages, but we have had no joy yet.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 1:39 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

whilst I have every sympathy for those making anew start with little funds, do you really expect a bank to lend money to a newcomer with no proof of how they are going to pay it back.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 1:55 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
whilst I have every sympathy for those making anew start with little funds, do you really expect a bank to lend money to a newcomer with no proof of how they are going to pay it back.

Ouch :scared: did we get outta bed the wrong side today???

Nev
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redlion
Ouch :scared: did we get outta bed the wrong side today???

Nev
No, I have had a lovely day. Went to a winery, did some bottling, had a bbq. I just can't believe that people genuinely don't understand why the banks won't lend them money.

By the way Nev, up the Toffees!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:10 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

i think the banks are pretty helpful here in australia ,but i guess if your migrating to australia and have been in the work force for say ten years and have nothing to show for it ,they may well worry about lending money .
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:12 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

No, I have had a lovely day. Went to a winery, did some bottling, had a bbq. I just can't believe that people genuinely don't understand why the banks won't lend them money.

By the way Nev, up the Toffees!

See now i thought you was being cruel before but thats just plain nasty

Nev.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I never said we don't have enough money to pay the bank back. I am working making more than enough money to pay a mortgage. What I said was that we have not been able to obtain credit yet. Not even from the bank which is in possesion of our considerable sum of money. And, we have plenty to show for our 20 years in the workforce. No debts and enough $$ for a 20% downpayment on a nice home in SA.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:26 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

I never said we don't have enough money to pay the bank back. I am working making more than enough money to pay a mortgage. What I said was that we have not been able to obtain credit yet. Not even from the bank which is in possesion of our considerable sum of money. And, we have plenty to show for our 20 years in the workforce. No debts and enough $$ for a 20% downpayment on a nice home in SA.
Hmm. I think the reply you got was a bit harsh TBH. We had a problem with our bank in the UK a few years ago. We had a large mortgage with them but when we said we wanted to open a current account with them they told us that they would need to monitor our account for 6 months before they would give us a debit card!!!!! Couldn't quite believe it. Had X 10's of thousands of pounds mortgage with them and they were treating us like untrustworthy school children. Swiftly took our business elsewhere...

Sorry, doesn't help you but I can understand your frustrations....

Graham
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't get a chequebook from my bank, they said they want to monitor ins and outs for SIX months despite I opened an account with them in April last year and deposited £200 every month until I emigrated a month ago. Their answer there was no withdrawals doh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali

PS Dot ring you soon
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

my response was general, not directed at anyone in particular. Didn't mean to offend you at all. When we went to live in Canada we had to wait 6 months before our bank would give us a credit card. My husband was earning 6 figure money in Calgary and they still wouldn't lend us money. I understand the frustration believe me. However I understand the banks wanting to be cautious.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Hmm. I think the reply you got was a bit harsh TBH. We had a problem with our bank in the UK a few years ago. We had a large mortgage with them but when we said we wanted to open a current account with them they told us that they would need to monitor our account for 6 months before they would give us a debit card!!!!! Couldn't quite believe it. Had X 10's of thousands of pounds mortgage with them and they were treating us like untrustworthy school children. Swiftly took our business elsewhere...

Sorry, doesn't help you but I can understand your frustrations....

Graham
Hehe sounds like something that happened to my boyfriend here setting up our mortgage. Is with the same bank he has used for his business banking for 4 years, yet the name on the title of the land we are building on has his full name including middle name but the paperwork they gave him to sign to set up the mortgage only had first name and surname. So even though the bank had his full name on file we had to get a stat dec done saying that the title of the land was in his name and that the names on the title and the mortgage application are the same person.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:15 am
Still alive

my response was general, not directed at anyone in particular. Didn't mean to offend you at all. When we went to live in Canada we had to wait 6 months before our bank would give us a credit card. My husband was earning 6 figure money in Calgary and they still wouldn't lend us money. I understand the frustration believe me. However I understand the banks wanting to be cautious.
Please let me apoligise for my response. I'm working a temp job in a hospital that takes me nearly 1.5 hours to get to, so my days are now nearly 12 hours long before I get home to feed the kids, clean up and try to get a little relaxation in.
Most of my frustration comes from the fact that we are living in on arrival accomodation which is ok, but not what we want. We want to be settled and find a home (not just a house to rent) so our children don't have to keep switching schools and we can feel settled. I would also like to be able to buy something while the prices are still somewhat affordable.
Sorry again for jumping on you. It's not like me at all to do that.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:21 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi folks,
Just wondering if there is any loan available to PR holders upon arrival.
BTW, What would be the easiest to get?

Tnx
Within a month I got a mortgage, credit cards/bank cards and car loan on a temp visa (457-3yr).
I had a letter/contract of employment and 20% desposit for the house and nice bank manager (NAB).
I think you need all 3 parameters:
1) Letter from employer/contract
2) 20% desposit
3) A nice bank manager/bank

Good luck.

Andrew