Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

loads of people leaving UK

loads of people leaving UK

Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:34 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default loads of people leaving UK

In today`s Daily Express it has an article saying the Asians in Britian think there are too many immigrants, and that there is a difference of 151,000 people who are entering the uk, compared to who is leaving. Can`t remember the exact amount leaving.... about 350,000 per year?? Think most of them are on this forum

Someone who has today`s express could give the real figures.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: loads of people leaving UK

They had the same article in the Daily Mail.

They are all arriving and we are all leaving! What will the UK be like in 5/10 years time?? I sincerely hope I wont be around to find out?!

Karen
Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
In today`s Daily Express it has an article saying the Asians in Britian think there are too many immigrants, and that there is a difference of 151,000 people who are entering the uk, compared to who is leaving. Can`t remember the exact amount leaving.... about 350,000 per year?? Think most of them are on this forum

How many people return to the UK though?. I think you'll find quite a lot do.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:47 pm
blossom

Originally Posted by Amazulu
How many people return to the UK though?. I think you'll find quite a lot do.

Yes, but then we realise we made a mistake and take off again!

Blossom

Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:22 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz

You don't want the express for the "real" figures, you want this:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloa...N_no_29_v3.pdf

The figures go up to 2002 and they show a net inflow of 153,000 people to the UK in that year (P20, Table 2.1). The net outflow of UK citizens in that year was 91,000.
Note that these figures do not distinguish between people emigrating/immigrating for good and those who are coming/going for fixed term periods. In other words that 91,000 includes people who intend to return after a couple of years or so, and the 153,000 includes people (eg other EU citizens, Aussies, etc) who intend to return to their country at some point.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:36 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: loads of people leaving UK

Originally Posted by elfman
You don't want the express for the "real" figures, you want this:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloa...N_no_29_v3.pdf

The figures go up to 2002 and they show a net inflow of 153,000 people to the UK in that year (P20, Table 2.1). The net outflow of UK citizens in that year was 91,000.
Note that these figures do not distinguish between people emigrating/immigrating for good and those who are coming/going for fixed term periods. In other words that 91,000 includes people who intend to return after a couple of years or so, and the 153,000 includes people (eg other EU citizens, Aussies, etc) who intend to return to their country at some point.

and thats the official figures.......

what about all the ones that are sneaking in?

michelle
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bun
and thats the official figures.......

what about all the ones that are sneaking in?

michelle
I think the only future for this country is through immigration, bring in more people who want to work, like most illegal immigrants do anyway.

In my experience not many Brits want to work, (part from people like us who want to leave anyway). I'm fed up of hearing people moaning about immigrants, who do you think picks your fruit for Tesco's or drive your minicabs, or clean your toilets........Immigrants, mostly illegals.

Tony Blairs biggest mistake as been to make it difficult to get in, so a subculture of criminals have been bred that supply them with fake ID so good not even immigration can see the difference. Should just let them in, in a controlled manner keep track so we can get some tax out of it.

Ask yourself why Labour want the new ID card?? They want to start again with a newer more controllable ID format because they have made such a balls up.

Let them in.....let them work.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 5:56 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
I think the only future for this country is through immigration, bring in more people who want to work, like most illegal immigrants do anyway.

In my experience not many Brits want to work, (part from people like us who want to leave anyway). I'm fed up of hearing people moaning about immigrants, who do you think picks your fruit for Tesco's or drive your minicabs, or clean your toilets........Immigrants, mostly illegals.
Can't really stand politics but thats just shear bollox mate!

R.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:03 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
Can't really stand politics but thats just shear bollox mate!

R.
I heard on jeremy paxman and on the news that there is in excess of 200,000 immigrants who have entered illegally, some of who are working on the black market. Well Tony Blair doesn't know the exact figure Jeremy paxman asked him " Do you have any clue to how many ilegal migrants are in the UK?" suprise suprise Tony Blair had no idea.....Crazy..
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:24 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Tony Blairs biggest mistake as been to make it difficult to get in, so a subculture of criminals have been bred that supply them with fake ID so good not even immigration can see the difference. Should just let them in, in a controlled manner keep track so we can get some tax out of it.

Ask yourself why Labour want the new ID card?? They want to start again with a newer more controllable ID format because they have made such a balls up.

the uk should make the immigration process as difficult as australia.

at the mo, any tom, dick or harry can come and go as they please, no health checks, nothing. yes, there are immigrants out there who are good honest hard working people, but there are also loads and loads who are not

there are illegal immigrants here, who say it is dangerous to go back to their country, i am sure it is for many, but there are many who say this, yet go back for a 'visit'.

i don't want to get into politics neither. yes, yes, i know we will be immigrants if we get to aus, but it will be legal and above board, and we will have been through many hoops to get there.

i think there are lots of folks out there, that if they were given the choice of changing one thing about this country, it would be the immigration issue. it is massive, and disgruntles a lot of people

i take your points on board, but do diagree with them, sorry.

michelle
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

terry sam & tribe! is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bun
the uk should make the immigration process as difficult as australia.

at the mo, any tom, dick or harry can come and go as they please, no health checks, nothing. yes, there are immigrants out there who are good honest hard working people, but there are also loads and loads who are not

there are illegal immigrants here, who say it is dangerous to go back to their country, i am sure it is for many, but there are many who say this, yet go back for a 'visit'.

i don't want to get into politics neither. yes, yes, i know we will be immigrants if we get to aus, but it will be legal and above board, and we will have been through many hoops to get there.

i think there are lots of folks out there, that if they were given the choice of changing one thing about this country, it would be the immigration issue. it is massive, and disgruntles a lot of people

i take your points on board, but do diagree with them, sorry.

michelle
divided we stand united we fall!! charity begins at home, or at least it should, the main reason immigrants leave a sour taste, is they get it handed to them, yet people who were born raised and fought for it get shat on,
but the sun shines more in oz!! so chill
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:56 pm
Never going back

but the sun shines more in oz!! so chill [/QUOTE]

i intend to, a nice glass of wine wine and soda will go down well i think
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

peartree35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Easy to say let them in when you are leaving though isn't it?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There was an article in the sport saying there was a London bus on the moon.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:55 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bondipom
There was an article in the sport saying there was a London bus on the moon.

There has even been reports that Oz has civilisation! Although they still use top loader washing machined to eat their clothes

Bye
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.