Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

living, working and bushfire in central coast

living, working and bushfire in central coast

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:33 am
Just Joined

catfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default living, working and bushfire in central coast

could anyone give us some advice about this planing to move in central coast due to proximity to sydney and because we do not intent to spend a half of our life in traffic(as we were heard); but.. as we are new migrants and not a native english speakers what are the chances to find something to work there(CC). our visa is 136, i'm electronician but i can do everything is needed. supposedly i or we manage to get work in sydney or north sydney and we wonder in case of emergency like bushfire what are the chances to get in time in sydney?
thank you!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: living, working and bushfire in central coast

Hi Catfish!

I would guess that Central Coast would be good for work as there's plenty of older houses, and also new estates being built still. It would take well over an hour to drive into North Sydney, and the traffic was bad enough when I was there. I wouldn't want the journey every day.

There was a bushfire on the reserve above where I lived in East Gosford on the CC. It was dramatic but they got it under control with water bombs. The highway was affected yesterday I hear, for a short time. I don't think roads are often closed for very long though, so dont panic about that.

I found the central Coast a very nice place to live. Good luck with your plans. Q
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:13 am
Just Joined

catfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: living, working and bushfire in central coast

all right, thank you very much. no matter what.. we would love australia