Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living in Wollongong?

Living in Wollongong?

Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Jeremybec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Wollongong?

We had a look at Cronulla but the house prices are way out of our range. The places I saw were upwards of $1000 pw. Unless they decide to start paying cops heaps more??? Not likely!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:33 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Wollongong?

You could do alot worse than the Gong, we live in Figtree, 5 bed house with pool, 485 pw. I worked in Chatswood for a year, 1 hour 20 if you can avoid rush hour traffic.

Austinmere, Stanwell Park etc are gonna be a little more expensive, but are stunning.

To the south you got Shellharbour (lovely place), Berry (stunning place) and Nowra (nice place but out of reach of a daily commute I'd say)

We drove down to Narooma for the week last week, and it's a great drive, only thing is Shoalhaven Council must have been forcing Christmas dec's on people cos every shop had the same bloody santa on it.

It'd be a great choice