Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living near Brisbane CBD ?

Living near Brisbane CBD ?

Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living near Brisbane CBD ?

Hopefully nearing the end of our application - est dec ? - Although not holding my breath.

Anyways have searched the forum and ourbrisbane websites for places to rent (initially).

Me & the boss both in 30's ideally looking for rentals near the CBD. So we can get looking for jobs and close to shops for food and other essentials etc.

We dont really want to get a car just yet as initially no income coming in until the jobs are sorted. We looked at Fortitude Vally (although mixed reviews), Kangaroo point - looks ok, New farm ?? and it goes on.

Can anyone provide some friendly rental area adivce for new comers into Brisbane - setup a base initially for 6months anyone else doing this ?

Thanks

Mike
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:50 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Living near Brisbane CBD ?

Hi Mike

We live in New Farm, absolutely beautiful and close to the city. Would never want to live in the Fortitude Valley..too noisy, too dirty and just aweful. (Great for big nights out though!)

Have a look at www.realestate.com.au

Good luck

Barbara

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Hopefully nearing the end of our application - est dec ? - Although not holding my breath.

Anyways have searched the forum and ourbrisbane websites for places to rent (initially).

Me & the boss both in 30's ideally looking for rentals near the CBD. So we can get looking for jobs and close to shops for food and other essentials etc.

We dont really want to get a car just yet as initially no income coming in until the jobs are sorted. We looked at Fortitude Vally (although mixed reviews), Kangaroo point - looks ok, New farm ?? and it goes on.

Can anyone provide some friendly rental area adivce for new comers into Brisbane - setup a base initially for 6months anyone else doing this ?

Thanks

Mike
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

New Farm, Newstead and Bulimba (by Ferry to city) would all be great areas. Fortitute Valley "The Val" - a great night out venue - do NOT live there.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Barbara_CH & Brizbound

Looks like I was on the right track then, just need to get a nice place to stay when I get over there.

Thanks again.