Wikiposts

Living n Brisbane

Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

alwin328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living n Brisbane

Hello ..

Please advice me ...

1. How much will be the rent for a small villa / flat ( one hall, a room , kitchen and bathrooom ) in Brusbane. Just provide me an approxiamte figur..

2. What's the procedure for taking a driver's license .. is it really tough ?

3. How about the climate conditions in Brisbane ..

Thx
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:53 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living n Brisbane

Originally Posted by alwin328
Hello ..

Please advice me ...

1. How much will be the rent for a small villa / flat ( one hall, a room , kitchen and bathrooom ) in Brusbane. Just provide me an approxiamte figur..

2. What's the procedure for taking a driver's license .. is it really tough ?

3. How about the climate conditions in Brisbane ..

Thx
1) www.realestate.com.au will help you - if you click on 'rental' tab on the website you can fill in criteria and see what you can get in/or far from the Cbd and other areas.

2) Its a written test, you get the wrong questions explained to you afterwards and then take the test again....

3) Scorchio in summer, balmy , humid, and nice most of hte rest of the time

Its tropical so lots of greenery in brisbane a very liveable city.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road

Ive seen one bed basic brick studios in blocks from as little $180 in random suburbs but going up to over $500 for ones over looking river so i guess it depends what you're looking for.

Last year it cost $30 to get an aussie driving lisence taking a written test which seems pretty easy-haven't got round to it yet.

I have been surprised by how cold it feels at night in winter but i reckon thats because theres no central heating, tile floors and single glass panes where I live so its all relative!! I remember thinking it was cold and looked at the temperature and it was 20 degrees!! It did drop to minus 2 inland though an hour last winter!!! But genrally its mild and pleasant-we've had bbq's in the winter!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Its tropical so lots of greenery in brisbane a very liveable city.
I hate to be a pedantic pain in the butt (I'm beating myself on the head as I type this).

Its sub-tropical,

everything else you said was bang on though

Sorry,

JTL
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I hate to be a pedantic pain in the butt (I'm beating myself on the head as I type this).

Its sub-tropical,

everything else you said was bang on though

Sorry,

JTL
Except the bit about it being balmy & humid most of the rest of the year.

Winter in Brisbane is normally very dry & has low humidity. By the end of August you will be crying out for rain .

Everything else you said was bang on though!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:21 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Except the bit about it being balmy & humid most of the rest of the year.

Winter in Brisbane is normally very dry & has low humidity. By the end of August you will be crying out for rain .

Everything else you said was bang on though!

Im glad you intervened to avoid the thread being killed and JTL having that on his conscience. As ever I was genaralising ;-) . This week its been more 'wet' than sub-tropical.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:50 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
As ever I was genaralising ;-) .
And, as ever, I was being a pedant .

Agreed this week has been a bit wet, but nowhere near enough to make up for the extremely dry summer we have had.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:54 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

And, as ever, I was being a pedant .

Agreed this week has been a bit wet, but nowhere near enough to make up for the extremely dry summer we have had.
Keep the bloody rain. Rain is for Blighty

It says "no rain guaranteed" on my Aus visa

Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Keep the bloody rain. Rain is for Blighty

It says "no rain guaranteed" on my Aus visa
Stop that, or I'll come & beat you with a big stick

We need rain desperately, you wont think its so great when the cost of everything goes through the roof, all the plants in your garden die, the council imposes severe water restrictions & the whole place becomes a dust bowl cos of a drought .
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:04 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Stop that, or I'll come & beat you with a big stick

We need rain desperately, you wont think its so great when the cost of everything goes through the roof, all the plants in your garden die, the council imposes severe water restrictions & the whole place becomes a dust bowl cos of a drought .
Beeeeeautiful bayside / Redlands Shire Council having water restrictions are they?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Beeeeeautiful bayside / Redlands Shire Council having water restrictions are they?

No idea, I live in the Brisbane City Council area, you'll know when I do
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader
The only water restriction in Redland Shire I'm aware of is the alternate sprinkling days -

No sprinkling is permitted on Monday

Even numbers or no number:
Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Odd numbers:
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

We've got bore water so we don't follow the rules.

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:55 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The only water restriction in Redland Shire I'm aware of is the alternate sprinkling days -

No sprinkling is permitted on Monday

Even numbers or no number:
Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Odd numbers:
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

We've got bore water so we don't follow the rules.

Mrs JTL
But we can also use hose pipes any day we like, as long as we stand there holding it

I think our local Dam is still full with water aswell. It should be, its raining almost every day

Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:11 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But we can also use hose pipes any day we like, as long as we stand there holding it

I think our local Dam is still full with water aswell. It should be, its raining almost every day
Does anyone know how much rain we have had this week? Geeez ABC, unless you have had a hell of a lot more rain than us up here, I doubt that the rain thats fallen this week has put one drop into the dam. Our dam has fallen by about 4 feet since Jan & even with the rain this week, there's been not a drop go in it. Before this week I think the last time we had rain was Jan or Feb (& even that wasnt very much).

If the usual dry winter continues, we'll be in for a bad spring .

Remember, the GC only just came off severe water restrictions last year :scared:
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:32 pm
Rocket Scientist

Does anyone know how much rain we have had this week?
OK, I just looked up the last weeks rainfall, the closest I could get was Capalaba recorded 32 mm & Manly recorded 22mm. For Manly thats not even an inch of rain (& Capalaba's is only just over an inch), spread over the whole week .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.