Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living In Limbo-advice please!

Living In Limbo-advice please!

Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:44 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living In Limbo-advice please!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I know

You do get into a routine though Jackie, it starts with waking at 6am, staring at the alarm clock and willing the telephone to ring.

Get up, dressed and brekkie, pray that whilst porridge is cooking in microwave, the phone will ring.

Phone hasnt rung by half seven and its time to get train. Curse loudly, think 'I am SO fed up', leave and go to station where ticket man says 'Any sign of that visa yet Sam? You have been telling us you were going for ages'

Force smile out at ticket man and get on the train.

Get to work with the faintest hope ever that George Lombard will phone me - he doesn't. Check email in case he can't get through on home phone, work phone, mobile phone. Email box empty.

Check work email (just in case)

By now, Australia are settling down for the evening and you resign yourself to the fact it won't be today (but you secretly pray it might be)

Then spend lunch break thinking 'It was a year on Feb 21' and then tell family that no, you can't call DIAC/Algeria/The Pope/The Queen/Robbie Williams to find out what has happened, you just have to wait.

Get home, go on internet, pray The Lombard has emailed you, he hasnt. Eat your dinner, drink copious amounts of tea and watch Eastenders/Corrie.

Go to bed for half an hour, go back on computer, check email, drink horlicks, set alarm for 6am.

And so it all begins again.

Exhausted reading this? Imagine what I am like.

Aww luv, its sounds like groundhog day! how about your hubby how is he bearing up?

Jackie x
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:45 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jules29
I think I need to join the limbo club too

I remember waking up in the night and checking my email just in case. Then one day when you least expect it you get the news you've been waiting for. I feel like its started all over again now but with the house sale. Finding it so frustrating knowing we can go and yet we cant.

Jules
Have a drink then,
just remember it will happen and then things will snowball and next thing you will be in Oz having a whale of a time!!

Kim
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:45 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jules29
I think I need to join the limbo club too

I remember waking up in the night and checking my email just in case. Then one day when you least expect it you get the news you've been waiting for. I feel like its started all over again now but with the house sale. Finding it so frustrating knowing we can go and yet we cant.

Jules
Im ashamed to say that I too have woken up in the night and crept online.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:46 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Well guys, I reckon we can open our own 'Limbo Land Public House' and give each other support by the pint glass.
I am so glad you said that PP cos I am on my 3rd bottle of Becks already tonight and hubby has got his nuts out!

.....peanuts that is ladies! calm down!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:49 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I am so glad you said that PP cos I am on my 3rd bottle of Becks already tonight and hubby has got his nuts out!

I should be going to bed but I am trying to put off the morning coming and ultimately, work

I shall stay until my eyelids droop.

Pass me some nuts.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:51 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

AWW shucks. I thought you meant Cashews!! Pass me another bottle.

kim
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by asher
Have a drink then,
just remember it will happen and then things will snowball and next thing you will be in Oz having a whale of a time!!

Kim
Yeah from posts on here it does seem that once the house is sold the rest follows really quickly.

Having a drink does seem to help a bit - just not before a viewing
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Although maybe that would help. Get them sloshed and then maybe they will buy!

Cheers!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Ok - i have given in tonight and opened a bottle.

Right so who's playing in our club this evening ?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
Ok - i have given in tonight and opened a bottle.

Right so who's playing in our club this evening ?

Madness I think

Kim
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asher
Madness I think

Kim
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:31 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

What I can't stand is the changes in pace - sometimes it's completely glacial & you can't do anything, then suddenly it ramps up & you've got no time to breathe. I wish someone would hurry up & invent Star Trek style transporters then we can instantly make the move with all our possesions in one go - sorted !
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by JustBecause
What I can't stand is the changes in pace - sometimes it's completely glacial & you can't do anything, then suddenly it ramps up & you've got no time to breathe. I wish someone would hurry up & invent Star Trek style transporters then we can instantly make the move with all our possesions in one go - sorted !
OOh that would be ACE! I have just tried to get surveys booked for moving and been treated like a half wit by some of the companies!!
I may be deaf but I am NOT stupid

The frantic bursts of activity and the lulls are just a way of making sure you can cope with jet lag by turning you into an insomniac

Kim
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:04 pm

Aww luv, its sounds like groundhog day! how about your hubby how is he bearing up?

Jackie x
Hes not doing too bad, has his moments of 'bloody hell, where is it?' kind of thing.

Sometimes Im tempted to throw in the towel because there is no way I am waiting another year, no way at all.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:37 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hes not doing too bad, has his moments of 'bloody hell, where is it?' kind of thing.

Sometimes Im tempted to throw in the towel because there is no way I am waiting another year, no way at all.
DONT DO IT.
It will be worth it in the end. What a waste this past year would have been.
Hang in there kid!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.