Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living the life and some!!

Living the life and some!!

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Smile Living the life and some!!

Wow the time has just flown, to think that 4 weeks ago we stepped that plane to start a new chapter of our lives is just stunning. In 4 short weeks we have spent the 1st week with an Aussie family whose teens adopted ours and now they have a large remit of Aussie mates as well as Mary's girls and have a busy social calender!!
I started work at the Princess Alexandra Hospital 3 weeks ago, Youngets daughter started TAFE course yesterday, Hubby started work today only leaving eldest daughter to sort!!!
Now settled into a rental in Ormiston, Bayside. Cars, micro, tumble drier and believe it not heaters bought be prepared July / August cold at night in Brissie Brrrrrr
Work is very different and I have to say 'British ' Nurses (I can say this) need to count some (not all) their blessings especially in the realms of develpoment!!
The best of the best was within days of arriving finding out that the Special Beat were going to be playing in the Valley!!! Well what a blast from the past good night had by the whole family as we were invited back satge and the girls and us were well looked after with the ice cold XXXX !!!

Well have now settled into Australian time clock and so bed time is now pre midnight unlike when I was in the UK.
Spenind the w/e travelling around the areas, sunshine coast last w/e Mount Cotton Winery this w/e and Stradbrooke next

Take care all

Charlie
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:03 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living the life and some!!

Originally Posted by charlie63
Wow the time has just flown, to think that 4 weeks ago we stepped that plane to start a new chapter of our lives is just stunning. In 4 short weeks we have spent the 1st week with an Aussie family whose teens adopted ours and now they have a large remit of Aussie mates as well as Mary's girls and have a busy social calender!!
I started work at the Princess Alexandra Hospital 3 weeks ago, Youngets daughter started TAFE course yesterday, Hubby started work today only leaving eldest daughter to sort!!!
Now settled into a rental in Ormiston, Bayside. Cars, micro, tumble drier and believe it not heaters bought be prepared July / August cold at night in Brissie Brrrrrr
Work is very different and I have to say 'British ' Nurses (I can say this) need to count some (not all) their blessings especially in the realms of develpoment!!
The best of the best was within days of arriving finding out that the Special Beat were going to be playing in the Valley!!! Well what a blast from the past good night had by the whole family as we were invited back satge and the girls and us were well looked after with the ice cold XXXX !!!

Well have now settled into Australian time clock and so bed time is now pre midnight unlike when I was in the UK.
Spenind the w/e travelling around the areas, sunshine coast last w/e Mount Cotton Winery this w/e and Stradbrooke next

Take care all

Charlie
thanks for your update charlie and family. its good to hear that you have settled in well. keep us posted.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:04 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Take care all

Charlie
Great news Charlie Thanks for sharing that with us. Sounds like you have got off to a great start and I hope it long continues that way for you. How did you manage to get invited back stage?

Anne
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Great news Charlie Thanks for sharing that with us. Sounds like you have got off to a great start and I hope it long continues that way for you. How did you manage to get invited back stage?

Anne
Youngest 18yrs big Scar fan, one of the supporting musicians is lead singer of 'The Big' they supported 'The Beat' inApril when they played Paignton our home area. Hubby spotted them and started chatting......one overly excited 18yr old who is music mad - the course she just started is a music business course. The band was so friendly and made up that they had some Brits there.
Thanks for the messages will pop in and keep you informed every now and again.

BTW no fanfares when you come through immigration!!!

Charlie
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:28 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

BTW no fanfares when you come through immigration!!!

Charlie[/QUOTE]

you are joking......... ......well we're not coming then.......
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Take care all

Charlie
thats the best news ive had today - so pleased for you matey xxxx
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:42 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Charlie - lovely to hear from you! You all sound like you are settling in so well to Aussie life!

Are you enjoying Endoscopy - Australian style!!?

Whats Ormiston like - is it near the sea? Any chance of you posting some photos of your new life/ house - would love to see any you have!

Time is flying by now - we fly in 9 weeks 6 days (i'm so counting down now!!!!!) Also hoping to settle in Redlands area - maybe Redlands Bay? but need to do a lot of area studying when we arrive! Incidentally what did you think of Redlands Bay? Would be interested to also hear your thoughts on Wellington point, Cleveland, Victoria Point if you managed to check any of those areas out?

Keep enjoying your new life and maybe we might meet each other at one of the meets in the future if you go - I will be the white Scottish girl struggling to get a sun tan!

Lynn x