Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living in Dunsborough/Margaret River

Living in Dunsborough/Margaret River

Old Mar 8th 2023, 2:36 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Living in Dunsborough/Margaret River

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has moved to Dunsborough/Margaret Revier region? We currently live in Perth and love Dunsborough for holidays,

Thanks,
Old Mar 11th 2023, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Dunsborough/Margaret River

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has moved to Dunsborough/Margaret Revier region? We currently live in Perth and love Dunsborough for holidays,

Thanks,
Hi we use to visit Dunsborough and the Margaret region every year for 6 years and we use to enjoy going but we would never choose to live there on a permanent basis but that is us, everyone is different. If you can find work (if needed) don’t mind the rush in the holidays then go for it the bonus cooler summers and fresher winters and outside the tourist season the traffic is non existent and it’s a lot greener than most areas of Perth. Have you thought about Albany or Busselton both have a “bit” more to do all year round. Good luck
Old Mar 16th 2023, 4:02 am
Just Joined

RikF is an unknown quantity at this point

Considering the same. Travelled there last year and liked the area, my concern is that it might be a bit 'quiet' if you know what I mean. But that's more my concern in my situation. Very attracted though, as I like the climate and if there was enough going on I think I'd be ok there. North NSW also attracts me, and of course nearer the busier East coast... hard to make a decision about where to live unless you've already lived there!
Old Apr 1st 2023, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

It's a large area - do you have anywhere specific in mind? What are you looking for?

Wine, stunning beaches, wide-open paddocks, fantastic restaurants.... but, housing incredibly expensive and huge population swell every school / public holidays. Definitely not the quiet area it used to be in the 80's/90's. It's really not that far from wide-spread Perth so good links there.

Albany is a good 4.5 hours away (more if you hug the coast). There are things to 'do' but lack of amenities for a place that hosts a large wider population. No passenger train, only a 9 hour coach to Perth. There is a small airport but non-reliable flights. Sundays are almost tumbleweed territory. Great if you like beaches and fishing.... and retirement.
Old Apr 2nd 2023, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly loads of methamphetamine (Ice) down south in areas mentioned. That may or may not be a factor depending on one's outlook and I suppose values. I'm talking manufacture not necessarily crack heads.