Living in Cowes

Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Living in Cowes

We are about to submit my husbands TRA (2nd May 2006)and are looking into living in Cowes, does anyone have any good or bad points about living here. A friend of my husbands is going on a reccie on the 30th April and if he settles there he wants my hubby to start up a business with him. Hubby and friend are both electricians so i guess i need to know if there is a need for electricians in Cowes. Also we will be taking three children with us they will hopefully be 12, 14 and 17 yrs old, what's life like for them.Any thoughts will be appriciated.

Thanks Jackie
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:33 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Cowes

Originally Posted by jwood
We are about to submit my husbands TRA (2nd May 2006)and are looking into living in Cowes, does anyone have any good or bad points about living here. A friend of my husbands is going on a reccie on the 30th April and if he settles there he wants my hubby to start up a business with him. Hubby and friend are both electricians so i guess i need to know if there is a need for electricians in Cowes. Also we will be taking three children with us they will hopefully be 12, 14 and 17 yrs old, what's life like for them.Any thoughts will be appriciated.

Thanks Jackie
Where is Cowes?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Where is Cowes?

Sorry, Cowes is in Phillip Island near Melbourne
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Cowes is a small tourist town on Phillip Island. It heaves with young people out for a good time in the summer and also through the Bike weekends etc. Other than that it is generally pretty sleepy and quite a way away from Melbourne or any other substantial sized towns.

It is a beautiful spot with a nice small community. But its not a place I would live. Gorgeous for a visit, but too small and isolated for me.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Cowes is a small tourist town on Phillip Island. It heaves with young people out for a good time in the summer and also through the Bike weekends etc. Other than that it is generally pretty sleepy and quite a way away from Melbourne or any other substantial sized towns.

It is a beautiful spot with a nice small community. But its not a place I would live. Gorgeous for a visit, but too small and isolated for me.
Well summed up. You can also look at the penguins parade up the beach, see the seals then watch the penguins and seals again etc. Seriously, it's also close to Gippsland and Wilson's Prom so much scenic beauty nearby but as you say a fair hike into civilisation. A bit like it's namesake on the Isle of Wight perhaps?

OzTennis
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Well summed up. You can also look at the penguins parade up the beach, see the seals then watch the penguins and seals again etc. Seriously, it's also close to Gippsland and Wilson's Prom so much scenic beauty nearby but as you say a fair hike into civilisation. A bit like it's namesake on the Isle of Wight perhaps?

OzTennis
Except that you don't get penguins on the IOW! You've converted me though, I'm moving there, I just wanna watch the penguins
Old Apr 20th 2006, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Except that you don't get penguins on the IOW! You've converted me though, I'm moving there, I just wanna watch the penguins

You do get penguins on IOW - one was stolen from the Zoo!!

Sharon
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pioneer
You do get penguins on IOW - one was stolen from the Zoo!!

Sharon
Fair enough I should have said "you don't get to watch WILD penguins on the IOW (though I guess they might be a bit mad if they've been stolen )