much more expensive
54.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Living Costs Oz vs UK

Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:20 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living Costs Oz vs UK

Originally Posted by TGA
you could always smuggle them in about your "person".
I didn't make that clear did I;that's what I was talking about.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We have an office in Manila and we do pay them a lot less. It only works though because we also have some expats up there, making decisions and ensuring that we get what we need out of them. Thing is, these expats probably cost a couple of $m to keep there, which kind of negates any cost savings. Without them though, it would be a disaster (one of the expats recently left and in the month or so that it took to replace him, you should have seen the shite that they sent us).
It does take a while to get the locals into the swing of things. I remember when we started India. Disaster but now it works well. Took a few years, lots of expat visits to show them how things need to be done.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris955
Why would your insurance be so much in the UK ? I COULD pay £1000 if I wanted to but I choose to pay well under £300, since found it for £235 but will wait until next year now. Add on rego and it comes out way more expensive in Australia FOR ME.
Whats your age, and what do you drive, where do you live? (I'm now in my mid 30's, have generally been driving modified low end Japanese sports cars ; MR2 Turbos, S2000 etc. and lived in the South East - good postcodes).

That was the cheapest insurance I could find at £600. It's not like i was deliberatly paying more. It was also the cheapest amongst friends.

My mate bought it off me and he is paying 50% more than I was.

I bought the Hilux to save money before we left to come to Australia. Sold the other cars. It almost halved my insurance (I was paying over £1000 before), better economy (24mpg), less maintenance (built like a tank), less chance of speeding fines.

Last edited by Bibbs; Oct 17th 2012 at 12:59 am.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:53 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bibbs
Whats your age, and what do you drive, where do you live? (I'm now in my mid 30's, have generally been driving modified low end Japanese sports cars ; MR2 Turbos, S2000 etc. and lived in the South East - good postcodes).

That was the cheapest insurance I could find at £600. It's not like i was deliberatly paying more. It was also the cheapest amongst friends.

My mate bought it off me and he is paying 50% more than I was.

I bought the Hilux to save money before we left to come to Australia. Sold the other cars. It almost halved my insurance (I was paying over £1000 before), better economy (24mpg), less maintenance (built like a tank), less chance of speeding fines.
The cheapest insurance I found in the u.k was linked to a farmers co-op type thing. It cost 20 quid to join it but the insurance was 1/2 the price of anywhere else, oh & they credited you back the 20 quid lol