Reload this Page >

living in canberra

living in canberra

Old Jul 24th 2009, 3:08 am
Just Joined

emg75 will become famous soon enough
Default living in canberra

hi

i have been in canberra for nearly 8 months and looking for anyone who lives in area or near canberra who wants to meet up

please get in touch

Esther
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Faircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really nice
Default Re: living in canberra

Originally Posted by emg75
hi

i have been in canberra for nearly 8 months and looking for anyone who lives in area or near canberra who wants to meet up

please get in touch

Esther
Hi Esther - not there yet but coming out early September - OH comes out next week - will let you know when we are there - we can meet up maybe???? How are you enjoying it? Someone mentioned to me to get in touch with the Live In Canberra people they organise meet ups for newbies to the city - worth a try if you've not already done it??
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for the reply thats good you are coming out in september. Im definately up for meeting. What you going to be doing out here? I have been to a few of the live in canberra things although couldnt go to one thing as was too old as being over 30! bit gutted.

Esther x
Old Jul 25th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Faircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really nice

Hi

Thanks for the reply thats good you are coming out in september. Im definately up for meeting. What you going to be doing out here? I have been to a few of the live in canberra things although couldnt go to one thing as was too old as being over 30! bit gutted.

Esther x
Oh! Didn't realise there was age restrictions that would have been me and the OH out of it then as well - my son would have been ok though - ooopppss maybe not he might have been too young - lol!!!! My OH is going to be working for the IP office and I am going to be looking for something office based preferably HR if I can as that is my background but to be honest will take anything on that helps pay the bills!!! Wot bout you - wot are you doing out there? I will def let you know when we are there and we can meet up!

Lynne
Old Jul 25th 2009, 10:11 am
Just Joined

hi

there usually isnt restrictions on the live in canberra stuff but was pretty gutted as im here on my own and it was a young professionals thing and thought i could meet some people there! but being 33 is apparently too old. I am a social worker out here - i came across on sponsored visa through act government who came across last year to uk and recruited about 35 of us. I do child protection work.

Canberra is good for families and everyone i know who has families really like it - but for the single person its not great. Its a wee bit weird as its winter (and it is colder) but im not wrapped in ten layers like i was in edinburgh! and skidding along pavement.

Looking foward to catching up when you get here. Ill give you my contact details nearer the time.

Esther
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

hi

there usually isnt restrictions on the live in canberra stuff but was pretty gutted as im here on my own and it was a young professionals thing and thought i could meet some people there! but being 33 is apparently too old. I am a social worker out here - i came across on sponsored visa through act government who came across last year to uk and recruited about 35 of us. I do child protection work.

Canberra is good for families and everyone i know who has families really like it - but for the single person its not great. Its a wee bit weird as its winter (and it is colder) but im not wrapped in ten layers like i was in edinburgh! and skidding along pavement.

Looking foward to catching up when you get here. Ill give you my contact details nearer the time.

Esther
Esther - do I detect that you are a fellow Scot or that you just lived there!!??? The seasons is one of the reasons we chose to come to Canberra Rich my hubby didn't relish the thought of constant heat!!! It will be great to meet up when I get out there - I have another friend who is coming out mid September as well - we are both married - but I can assure you I have loads of single friends in the UK and my hubby doesn't mind me going out with the girls so we may be able to have the odd night you never know!!!

Speak to you soon

Lynne
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

hi

im definately from scotland - born and bred in fife then some years in aberdeen and then last 7 years in edinburgh.

Speak soon
Esther
Old Jul 25th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

hi

im definately from scotland - born and bred in fife then some years in aberdeen and then last 7 years in edinburgh.

Speak soon
Esther
I'm from (if you hadn't laready guessed from the member name!) Perth - so not far from you - lots of my childhood spent in Edinburgh - brother lives there now!
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:24 am
Just Joined

ngoni has a brilliant futurengoni has a brilliant futurengoni has a brilliant futurengoni has a brilliant futurengoni has a brilliant futurengoni has a brilliant futurengoni has a brilliant future

Hie Esther
I am up for meeting up as well. I will be coming over in December although my OH will be coming there end of October. He will be working for IP as well. I am a nurse and looking for a job at the moment. It will be nice to catch up.
Petra
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ngoni
Hie Esther
I am up for meeting up as well. I will be coming over in December although my OH will be coming there end of October. He will be working for IP as well. I am a nurse and looking for a job at the moment. It will be nice to catch up.
Petra
I'm hopefully arriving there in December with my family. Would love to meet up with others who have already taken the plunge. BTW, what's IP and do they have a job for me?
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Hi

im definay up for meeting anyone who is coming to canberra - by the time folk come ill be an an old at living here! Ill be back in scotland from mid nov to mid dec but would more than happily meet up when im back :-)

If you need anything prior to coming please let me know and ill try and help as much as i can

Esther
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:57 am
Just Joined

scolau07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
me and my family have been here for nearly two years. we would be willing to meet up to give you some info on the area
Carol
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm hopefully arriving there in December with my family. Would love to meet up with others who have already taken the plunge. BTW, what's IP and do they have a job for me?
Hi Paulry - not too sure if they have a job for you - I am hoping they will have one for me when I get out there!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scolau07
Hi everyone
me and my family have been here for nearly two years. we would be willing to meet up to give you some info on the area
Carol
Carol that would be great to meet up - maybe I can PM you when I get out there if that is ok??

L
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:19 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Faircity
Hi Paulry - not too sure if they have a job for you - I am hoping they will have one for me when I get out there!!!

Good luck with your move and please let me know how you get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.