Reload this Page >

Living away from home allowance and novated lease

Living away from home allowance and novated lease

Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

jimbo1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living away from home allowance and novated lease

Hi All,

Well I am about to make the move to Brizzy.
A quick question on LAFHA and Novated Leasing on cars. If I am earning a salary of $80k AUS and I was to spend $24k on rent and a further $12k on a car lease how much would I end up with after deductions???? I keep seeing different figures. Does anyone know the formula?

Would really appreciate it as I need to set my budgets.

Thanks Guys.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:41 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living away from home allowance and novated lease

Originally Posted by jimbo1982
Hi All,

Well I am about to make the move to Brizzy.
A quick question on LAFHA and Novated Leasing on cars. If I am earning a salary of $80k AUS and I was to spend $24k on rent and a further $12k on a car lease how much would I end up with after deductions???? I keep seeing different figures. Does anyone know the formula?

Would really appreciate it as I need to set my budgets.

Thanks Guys.
$80k - $24k - $12k = $44k however

The $24k may not be the correct figure to take - I believe the ATO set a value which is reasonable given area/family/position of employment.

The $12k will also be subject to FBT which needs personal circumstances taken into account ie mileage, costs incurred by yourself post tax ie petrol/insurance/servicing. Also whether your employer is exempt from FBT ie a charity.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living away from home allowance and novated lease

http://www.afule.org.au/c007-01.htm