Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

'Living Abroad' exhibitions..any coming up and can you trust them??

'Living Abroad' exhibitions..any coming up and can you trust them??

Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:39 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Living Abroad' exhibitions..any coming up and can you trust them??

Hi all,

Was just wondering if there are any of the above type expo's coming up in London/UK? And has anyone been to one/found it helpful/recommend any one on particular?

Reason I ask is that my OH has just found out he may have to take some exams etc to work as an accountant in Oz and it's bothering him somewhat. I thought if we went to something like this and he could talk to someone in person it might lay his mind to rest about his job prospects etc. But also, are these things full of people just trying to get you to Oz or will you actually get honest, helpful advice?!

Thanks!

Therese
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

CassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really nice
Default Re: 'Living Abroad' exhibitions..any coming up and can you trust them??

Hi
A place in the sun the TV programme have a show coming up in Feb/March. If you go on to the website it will have all the info.
I can't answer as to whether or not it would by any good but I'd be interested in going to find out!

Cassie
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We have been to a few and found them fairly interesting but you must remember that everyone there is trying to sell you something eg, migration services, financial advice, removals etc so you need to bear that in mind!
Some of the state govs are also there, so useful info can be found too.

Here's some:

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/shows_and_publications.htm

http://www.expo-australia.com/

Good luck

Sam
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:36 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant, many thanks for the replies folks, I'll check out those websites.

T
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough

Hi RedT,
have noticed a few threads regarding accounting you have posted, re OH being an accountant, ACCA and CIMA are becoming more popular and if you look on seek.com you will see some are stating these qualifications, also if you look at Hays website and type in location australia, they have jobs for auditors, and will sort out your visa. if you are still uncertain, hays have advisors in the uk, who deal with people who want to work overseas once you have your visa, have a chat to them.
good luck
sue
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:20 pm
not sure...

Hi Sue,

Yes, I have been posting about it quite a bit...oops! many thanks for the info though, I'll pass it on to the OH and hopefully he won't end up having to do exams. I've had some great information today from various people, so great to have so much info here and so many people willing to help!

thanks again,

Therese