Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

lively places in perth

lively places in perth

Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

meechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the rough
Default lively places in perth

Hi All

I am coming over to Perth on 1st July on a WHV and will be travelling myself and will be looking for a place too stay. Could anyone please recommend the 'liveliest' place for a 26 yr old male to stay

looking to work hard and play hard???????????/
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:00 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: lively places in perth

Mount Lawley Senior Citizens Club
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:05 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Mount Lawley Senior Citizens Club
Sorry but I could help myself.
I'm going to be very interested in the responses you get.
It's a great place for a holiday
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

leftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really nice

Originally Posted by meechan1983
Hi All

I am coming over to Perth on 1st July on a WHV and will be travelling myself and will be looking for a place too stay. Could anyone please recommend the 'liveliest' place for a 26 yr old male to stay

looking to work hard and play hard???????????/
Fremantle
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

erm . . . hold on a minute . . . . erm . . . . no . . .
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you ought to look at Mount Lawley, Subiaco or Leederville

Don't be tempted by Scarborough, lots of dodgy itinerants there, half of them look like they are on the run from the law over east.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:47 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

northbridge is the place to be 4 a 26 year old and u should stay in the hostels there thats how u meet people there is a hostel called the underground hostel in northbridge thats were alot of backpackers stay u will meet up with load there good luck.The shed and rosie O`Gradys is were all the backpackers drink
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:05 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

dont unpack,give it 24 hours and youll be off to Sydney.
they dont call Perth a cemetery with street lights in jest.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by this charming man
dont unpack,give it 24 hours and youll be off to Sydney.
they dont call Perth a cemetery with street lights in jest.
TOOL.

When I first backpacked to Perth I stayed at a place called Coolibah lodge, 194 Brisbane St, Northbridge, great small boutique backpackers with good atmosphere, had a mix of long termers and short stayers not too many looneys so you could get a good night's sleep, or go out partying

Don't just go out in Northbridge though, check out Cottesloe beach hotel, Leederville hotel, Claremont hotel as this is where the Aussies go out, ie lots and lots of hot single Aussie girls. Monday nights go to the Dean in Northbridge, Tuesdays are at the Shed, Wednesdays Leederville hotel, Thursdays Claremont, Fridays and Saturdays everywhere, Sundays Cott hotel
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:18 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

he will need a TOOL if hes a mechanic?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

Avoid Northbridge, to many assaults, stabbings and even murders.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paul & June
Disagree with that went to Northbridge many times and even when wearing a kilt had no bother, if you behave in Northbridge u will have no worries
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paul & June

On that advice you certainly shouldn't go near Sydney or Melbourne, you've heard of the Underbelly murders right?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stewmac
Disagree with that went to Northbridge many times and even when wearing a kilt had no bother, if you behave in Northbridge u will have no worries
Exactly. Been going out there for 3 years now and have never had a problem - and seen very little violence in that time.

The media have a lot to answer for.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I personally much prefer the feel of Leederville and Mt Lawley over Northbridge.

Whenever I'm in Northbridge I'm always on edge due to the 'over-exhuberance' of youngsters going out and getting absolutely smashed. It is the 'clubbing' area of Perth, but you can also find some decent clubs in the centre of town. Amplifier is pretty good and has some great bands playing. Also check out Deville's in East Perth. A very funky 'retro' feel club, that also has live acts.

Leederville/Mt Lawley is more of a 'bar/restaurant' type place, with a few clubs. But they seem a lot more laid back than the manicness of Northbridge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.