Live fitba

Old Aug 15th 2003, 5:13 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live fitba

Well it's been a while. Tomorrow we've got Portsmouth-Aston Villa then on Sunday Newcastle-Leeds followed by Liverpool-Chelsea. All LIVE!!!

Should be enough to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms. Will lay in some beer.

Hope we all get loads of live footie in Aus/ NZ and don't mind getting up early to watch it!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:12 pm
Don
Banned

It was worth the wait! A great weekend of footie.

I reckon I will switch my allegiance to Chelsea, as they are going to be great this year. Shame they are associated with mindless terrace hooliganism and shaven heads, optional extra the BNF.

That Damien Duff lived up to his name, I knew he was a crap buy.

As a bonus we even got he Arsenal game too but not live.

Anyone got an alarm clock?!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:04 pm
Don
Banned

What can I say? Goals a-plenty. Beats Aussie Rules Fitba, I guess (most sports would!)

Sol Campbell - professional foul.

New Man U Ronaldo look-alike - Hmmn.

Arson Villa - shite!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Oh no I just remembered why Hubby subscribed to Sky Sports. Portable telly here I come!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
What can I say? Goals a-plenty. Beats Aussie Rules Fitba, I guess (most sports would!)

Sol Campbell - professional foul.

New Man U Ronaldo look-alike - Hmmn.

Arson Villa - shite!

Hi,
UK football beats Aussie Rules?Don't think you've watched many games then cos those boys put Brit footballers to shame. You wouldn't catch them diving like girls at alleged fouls or survivng a two hour game in blistering heat!! I'm a season ticket holder for the Brisbane Lions and watched my boys rise from sixth in the table to win back to back Premierships,but then maybe I'm biased!!
PS The shorts are better too!!
Fi
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie Rules has got to be the most ridiculous sport invented by mankind (just ahead of Rugby League) !. Rugby Union is the sport of kings, a game that has tactics, skill, pace & is free flowing, unlike the previously mentioned "games". I can't believe it's not more popular in Australia considering the Wallabies are so good at it. With the World Cup coming up in Australia, you are going to see why it is one of the most popular & fastest growing sports in the World.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amazulu
Aussie Rules has got to be the most ridiculous sport invented by mankind (just ahead of Rugby League) !. Rugby Union is the sport of kings, a game that has tactics, skill, pace & is free flowing, unlike the previously mentioned "games". I can't believe it's not more popular in Australia considering the Wallabies are so good at it. With the World Cup coming up in Australia, you are going to see why it is one of the most popular & fastest growing sports in the World.

I agree with you on the league front. I'm a real union girl and was pretty frustrated when in Oz where its leagues poor relation so I got into the Aussie rules instead. Went to the British Lions games in Brisbane a couple of years ago which were fab and the atmosphere was amazing,the city awash with loyal Lions supporters from the uk,will never understand why Aussies dont take it more seriously.
Fi