Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Little things please little minds

Little things please little minds

Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:30 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Red face Little things please little minds

All those in Australia already will not appreciate this but for those of us still hoping......

Got home from work and there was a message on my answerphone from a sales rep at Coles removals. He is Australian with a really strong accent Just been having a chat with him on the phone and just listening to that Ozzie twang has got me grinning from ear to ear. I know it might not seem much but just filled me with renewed excitement.

Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: Little things please little minds

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
All those in Australia already will not appreciate this but for those of us still hoping......

Got home from work and there was a message on my answerphone from a sales rep at Coles removals. He is Australian with a really strong accent Just been having a chat with him on the phone and just listening to that Ozzie twang has got me grinning from ear to ear. I know it might not seem much but just filled me with renewed excitement.

my colleague was astounded this morning because for the first time since she started working (nearly 4 years) in this school someone offered to help her unload her car (we are mobile teachers)

He was Autralian, she was most impressed!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I get a similar thrill when I hear one of my workmates talk - DMF, thats her name on here, has a fabulous Bristol/Gloucestershire accent, and sounds exactly like my sister and my nieces! Makes me feel at home
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:05 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Little things please little minds

We're off on our holiday/reccie trip in 8 days ... I'm so excited I even found myself laughing at the Wiggles this morning Talk about little things pleasing!!!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:07 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by floss
We're off on our holiday/reccie trip in 8 days ... I'm so excited I even found myself laughing at the Wiggles this morning Talk about little things pleasing!!!!!!
What are wiggles
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What are wiggles
I think they are something along the lines of bill and ben for 2 year olds.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:32 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Little things please little minds

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think they are something along the lines of bill and ben for 2 year olds.
Bill and Ben on acid maybe - 4 guys in jolly coloured shirts, singing and dancing with various giant animals, all with huge grins and decidedly psychotic expressions..... surely a must for every Aussie wannabe?????

Or have I just been a childminder for too long :scared:
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:53 pm
Merlot

Nupe, when I was on Germany last month one of the tour guides for a walking tour of Munich was from Melbourne (Lived in Munich for 8 years). Her sister was over from Melbourne enroute to Cheshire to live.

I was the best 4 hours of chat ever, this made me realise how the Australian approach to life is so different to what I have got used to in the UK. It was positive, upbeat and seemed yearning to learn and enjoy life.

I am not saying that everyone in the UK are a pack of miseries (I don't think I am, just kidding ), but it was an eye opener.

Don't worry about little things like this in life that make you happy, these are the sort of smaller events that can turn around a not so good day.

M

Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:48 pm
ABCDiamond

What are wiggles

The four men in coloured skivvies who sing songs like Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog have topped BRW Magazine's list of Australia's 50 richest performers in 2004.

The Wiggles earned an estimated gross income of $45 million during 2004, up from $14 million for the previous year.

Entertaining kids can't be all bad

Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

The four men in coloured skivvies who sing songs like Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog have topped BRW Magazine's list of Australia's 50 richest performers in 2004.

The Wiggles earned an estimated gross income of $45 million during 2004, up from $14 million for the previous year.

Is this what happened to the Teletubbies when they fell out of favour??? They just took off their suits and renamed themselves??!! Which one had the handbag??
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

They left out "hot potato, hot potato" I don't have kids and even I know that one
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:05 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

And unlike the teletubbies they're alllll straight....................