Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This Little terror may stop us from Emmigrating

This Little terror may stop us from Emmigrating

Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:29 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This Little terror may stop us from Emmigrating

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
Jay,

just had a look at the NZ Quarantine website.....looks like it's only 30 days of isolation in NZ (no quarantine as you rightly said) before the dog can move onto OZ. That's not bad.
What's different between isolation and quarantine...? Think the rules for entry to either from the UK are the same...
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

Jay,

just had a look at the NZ Quarantine website.....looks like it's only 30 days of isolation in NZ (no quarantine as you rightly said) before the dog can move onto OZ. That's not bad.
APOLOGIES..........just saw on the Oz Quarantine site that "Dogs and cats must have been continuously resident in New Zealand for 90 days immediately prior to shipment"....

I bow to your superior quarantine knowledge!!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

Originally Posted by rodders39
What's different between isolation and quarantine...? Think the rules for entry to either from the UK are the same...
NZ dictate that the dog must be in isolation at the owners home for 30 days.......not sure how they check though.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:36 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

NZ dictate that the dog must be in isolation at the owners home for 30 days.......not sure how they check though.
Oh right... Like you say don't know how they check...
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

JAL will officially anounce the banning of Brachy's this week. Including some Terrier dogs.

Watch JAL Cargo webspace and DEFRA's International routing page for policy and carrier updates.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jayjd12
JAL will officially anounce the banning of Brachy's this week. Including some Terrier dogs.

Watch JAL Cargo webspace and DEFRA's International routing page for policy and carrier updates.
G-U-T-T-E-D...............

I've sent a PM. Thanks for your great advice (and patience) on this subjec Jay.

Cheers
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

I've got a staffie and I rang Airpets yesterday (Mon) and they told me staffies are being allowed to travel - phew!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Think very carefully before shipping dogs like this - there is a reason for the rule, it's because these types of dogs are more likely to suffer complications during transit as they have been so intensively bred over the years that they cannot breath properly any more. Obviously each owner knows their dog best, but talk to your vet too before taking any unnecessary risks.
Can I also add that I think it is crazy to make migration decisions based on a dog - yes they can be brilliant pets and become 'part of the family' but they are still DOGS and we are HUMANS and must do what is best for US at the end of the day. (I say this as someone who has a dog!)
For those who do decide to transport their dogs, wishing safe journeys for them.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by esperanza
Think very carefully before shipping dogs like this - there is a reason for the rule, it's because these types of dogs are more likely to suffer complications during transit as they have been so intensively bred over the years that they cannot breath properly any more. Obviously each owner knows their dog best, but talk to your vet too before taking any unnecessary risks.
Can I also add that I think it is crazy to make migration decisions based on a dog - yes they can be brilliant pets and become 'part of the family' but they are still DOGS and we are HUMANS and must do what is best for US at the end of the day. (I say this as someone who has a dog!)
For those who do decide to transport their dogs, wishing safe journeys for them.
Thanks for that Esperanza, your'e right, at the end of the day the safety and health of the dog is paramount, placed well before our wishes.

Cheers

Jay
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by esperanza

Crazy it might be but it our Staffords don't go, we don't go.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Just rang around a few of the carriers and is does not include the Stafford.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by marvinc
Just rang around a few of the carriers and is does not include the Stafford.
Thats so good to hear, I for one decided a long time ago that Stanley would have the best possible life we could give him (Resuce) and that is with us, we would not be able to go without him.

Regards
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Neither would we - good for you!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:02 pm
Banned

goldcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kendalanita
Neither would we - good for you!
Hi everyone
I really hope that you sort this out - i consider myself a bit of a expert on exporting pets! Firstly our Yorkshire Terrier Ben went with the Cat Sol. When my parents went in 04 Ben was 10 at the time! Then I bought a jack russell x cocker called jake and found it really hard caring for him in the uk so we sent him over to my parents last year in august! Now I am emigrating permantley we will all be together!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Hi

I'm going to Perth and taking our dog. We've got a little staffie and I've been told that they are not effected by the ban. Does anyone have any contact numbers I can ring to get some quotes for flying her over?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Hayley
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.