British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   A Little One on The Way (Without a Visa!) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/little-one-way-without-visa-388528/)

chris n Aug 3rd 2006 6:00 pm

A Little One on The Way (Without a Visa!)

Won't bore you with the details of our previous history (we validated, decided not to go and have probably now changed our minds!) but I have a question.

The family has four validated visas that are good until July 2009. We are now regretting not going earlier this year (we purchased another house!?!) and are heading towards migrating again, but...

In December four will become five and that means we will be a visa short. I know getting on a plane to Perth next week is the easy answer but it's not going to happen - the baby will be born in the UK.

So, how do we go about getting the extra visa? Not too bothered about the cost more the time it could take. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris & Angie

Juliecabs Aug 3rd 2006 6:08 pm

Re: A Little One on The Way (Without a Visa!)

Originally Posted by chris n
Won't bore you with the details of our previous history (we validated, decided not to go and have probably now changed our minds!) but I have a question.

The family has four validated visas that are good until July 2009. We are now regretting not going earlier this year (we purchased another house!?!) and are heading towards migrating again, but...

In December four will become five and that means we will be a visa short. I know getting on a plane to Perth next week is the easy answer but it's not going to happen - the baby will be born in the UK.

So, how do we go about getting the extra visa? Not too bothered about the cost more the time it could take. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris & Angie

Don't have the answer to your question, sorry.
Just wanted to say congratulations and I hope everything goes smoothly :)

Julie. x

banjo Aug 3rd 2006 6:13 pm

do you still have the name and email address of your case officer? Would be worth a quick note to him. When we were in your situation ours said it would be another whole application so we made haste and got to Oz quick.

Anyway, congratulations! and with all those children you'll fit in just fine in Australia. :D

ClareBear Aug 3rd 2006 6:53 pm

Cheers,

Chris & Angie

congratulations! we asked our agent about this when we were in the planning stages - once the baby arrives you'll need to apply for a visa, i think we were told it would take about 3 months start-to-finish. no need for police clearances, and medicals are very basic on newborns (our daughter was 3 weeks when she had hers). just a bit of random info - you'll need to have the babies passport before you can apply - not a prob though as my little one's arrived when she was 2 weeks old. wouldn't imagine that you'd want to make the move in the first 3 months anyway?! hope it all goes well!
clare x

chris n Aug 3rd 2006 7:04 pm

Thanks Clare, doesn't sound too daunting. How much did it cost - is it similar to the original visa?

Chris

ClareBear Aug 3rd 2006 7:28 pm

Thanks Clare, doesn't sound too daunting. How much did it cost - is it similar to the original visa?

Chris

to be honest i'm not sure, but if you decide you'd like some help/advice (assuming you haven't already got an agent), i'd drop george lombard an email - can't recommend him enough, he knew all the rules about bubbas!

markeh Aug 3rd 2006 8:31 pm

Cheers,

Chris & Angie

Hiya Chris & Angie and congratulations!

Not a problem, just apply to High Comission in london for Child Visa and it should beback reely quickly, post short medical for baby and @£500.

But you will have to validate or migrate by the validation date.

If I'm wrong someone will tell you otherwise, but that's how we did our daughters visa.

Bye
Mark

chris n Aug 3rd 2006 8:45 pm

Cheers Mark

Where abouts in the Midlands are you from? I see you say that is has to be by 2009. We got our visa originally in 2004 - is that the same time as you?

Chris