Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Little Mountain, QLD - Broadband

Little Mountain, QLD - Broadband

Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:16 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Little Mountain, QLD - Broadband

Having a spot of bother getting broadband. Apparently we're on a "pair gain" system, or something, which means we can't get conventional broadband (so say AAPT anyway).

So, is anyone currently enjoying broadband in LM? And if so, who with, and is it worth it?!

I found a website detailing coverage for broadband on the Sunshine Coast, but that seemed to revolve around wireless or satellite broadband, and i'd prefer the fixed line version.

My uncle, up Gympie way, seems to do well with 512Kb + Skymesh (incl. Skype) but they're quite pricey for the better plans.

Any advice warmly welcomed
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

kazza will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Little Mountain, QLD - Broadband

Hi
weve got broadband in little mountain with bigpond(telestra) was told we couldnt get it but kept trying and got it
karen
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:22 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Usual story of no BB until you apply with Bigpond, and suddenly telstra find you a port.

Status map for LM doesn't look good, and lots of people could be waiting for ports

http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/vie...v=LITTLE%20MTN
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

We lived in Seaward north estate Little Mountain until 06. Could not get broadband although I have friends in other parts of little mountain and they have it ? We did eventually get adsl via modem with optus in Dec 2005.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

I'm thinking of changing ours for the mobile broadband vodafone offer. We don't use our landline for phone calls - we use skype- so begrudge paying Telstra for the line. Seems like a pretty good deal.