British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Little Mountain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/little-mountain-425792/)

hindon Feb 11th 2007 10:16 am

Little Mountain

Can anyone give me any information on Little Mountain area?
We came over for a Reccy in November last year and i loved Caloundra and especially Wurtulla, i especially loved Wurtulla and Wurtulla beach as it was great for walking the dog off lead for miles and miles. The only problem was the land sizes the houses were built on were very small and crammed in.
I have been looking on the internet at the land sizes in Little mountain and there are loads of over 1000mtrs for around the $200,000 mark. so much more land for less money than Wurulla.
Has anyone got any pro and cons against Little Mountain area?
Wutulla has fantastic breezes and we were on the beach for hours without getting too hot and it was so quiet too.
PLEASE someone help me!!!
We hope to be out in OZ before the july 1st citizenship change.
Thank you to everyone.

hindon Feb 12th 2007 5:44 am

Re: Little Mountain

is there anyone awake in oz that lives in this area that can help?

curly Feb 12th 2007 9:41 am

Originally Posted by hindon (Post 4392292)
is there anyone awake in oz that lives in this area that can help?

I would post this on the barbie if I was you :thumbup: think you'll get more response :)

Dr Frasier Crane Feb 12th 2007 11:44 pm

Hi,
I would say its better in the newer areas, although if you don't like road noise you will hear everything. The problem is the main Caloundra rd, it's very busy with traffic lights both on & just after, so all the tossers with Harley's, trucks & all the other bird brain noise machines get to hear just how small there willy's are. ;) :D If you live on a main road you will get an idea of what i mean, even though if you live in a house a few hundred metres away you still hear it, especially without double glazing. Secondly on the parklands side it may end up as a rat run to Kawana if it hasn't already, I like the peace & quiet of Pelican, but it can be a $150K more for the equivalent house. Good luck, & if I offended anyone tough, stick a carrot up your exhaust.:rofl:

hindon Feb 13th 2007 6:33 am

Thanks for that, great reply.
You didn't affend me, only answer my question(the only one who bothered)

Del Boy Feb 13th 2007 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane (Post 4395633)
Hi,
I would say its better in the newer areas, although if you don't like road noise you will hear everything. The problem is the main Caloundra rd, it's very busy with traffic lights both on & just after, so all the tossers with Harley's, trucks & all the other bird brain noise machines get to hear just how small there willy's are. ;) :D If you live on a main road you will get an idea of what i mean, even though if you live in a house a few hundred metres away you still hear it, especially without double glazing. Secondly on the parklands side it may end up as a rat run to Kawana if it hasn't already, I like the peace & quiet of Pelican, but it can be a $150K more for the equivalent house. Good luck, & if I offended anyone tough, stick a carrot up your exhaust.:rofl:

Lived in Little Mountain for 18 months.....ah yes, the joy of lying awake at 2.00am listening to the burning of rubber from neighbouring estates. And yes, when we left the locals on sunset drive were up in arms as their previously semi country road had become the main short cut from Kawana to Caloundra Road and the Bruce Highway beyond.