Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Little help would go a long way.

A Little help would go a long way.

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:56 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Little help would go a long way.

Hello there, havent seen you around for a while.
Yep, ended up in Bridgeman Downs and feel quite lucky as we love the area, and were searching blind a bit in the end. Found that rentals with pool are not that easy to find.
Do you ever get together with any of girls on here, did you see the two threads regarding nights out in the middle of December?

Sharon

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hey Sharon - good to hear you're settling in so well, B.downs is a lovely area too!!

Brian, good luck in your search. I've been in Brisbane for the best part of three years now... feel free to ask questions. I dont come on here as much as I used to but check in from time to time and will answer them as much as I can!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 2:38 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bri.thomson
Many Thanks Sharon & mlbonner?

I think I will have to get my wife to come and chat with you.
I think my Daughter is panicing a bit about the new school and friends etc........ I really do understand where she is coming from.

We were (internet) looking at homes in Bald Hill, Brendan and around that areas, so "great minds, think alike"? or as my wife would say "Fools seldom differ"?

Sharon what is the catchment area for the school your daughter is in? Do the schools vary greatly in what the kids achieve? I know my kids wont be nuclear scientists, but they are both bright and I would hate to blow it for them by making a wrong choice.

We are not in UK at present we are down in Spain and the secondary education s**ks and we need to get the kids out ASAP, back to UK we were heading until my work popped up and sent me spinning into this situation.

The Kids have done really well down here, they are both fluent in Espanol, its a pity their thick 'padre' was not the same.
But the academy schooling has brought us all down to earth with a bump and we are scared of making the same mistake twice?
Sent you a PM

Sharon
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:10 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by bri.thomson
Many Thanks Sharon & mlbonner?

I think I will have to get my wife to come and chat with you.
I think my Daughter is panicing a bit about the new school and friends etc........ I really do understand where she is coming from.

We were (internet) looking at homes in Bald Hill, Brendan and around that areas, so "great minds, think alike"? or as my wife would say "Fools seldom differ"?

Sharon what is the catchment area for the school your daughter is in? Do the schools vary greatly in what the kids achieve? I know my kids wont be nuclear scientists, but they are both bright and I would hate to blow it for them by making a wrong choice.

We are not in UK at present we are down in Spain and the secondary education s**ks and we need to get the kids out ASAP, back to UK we were heading until my work popped up and sent me spinning into this situation.

The Kids have done really well down here, they are both fluent in Espanol, its a pity their thick 'padre' was not the same.
But the academy schooling has brought us all down to earth with a bump and we are scared of making the same mistake twice?

Bald Hills is quite nice, its pretty much the next suburb inland from where I am (Bracken Ridge). Good access to all facilities; train, highway, shops, cinema, schools, 10mins from the ocean (further from a sandy beach) etc etc
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

bri.thomson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Bald Hills is quite nice, its pretty much the next suburb inland from where I am (Bracken Ridge). Good access to all facilities; train, highway, shops, cinema, schools, 10mins from the ocean (further from a sandy beach) etc etc
Hi
Thanks for that, I think we are looking around the right areas then?

Its just so much to do and not enough time to do it in. When are they going to give us a couple of more hours in a day just so we manage?

One concern is house prices? Are you seeing a downward trend or are they staying stable?
Just after reading a couple of articles and reading some threads on here, I am a wee bit apprehensive about what exactly to do?

Regards
Bri.