Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A little bit curious?????????

A little bit curious?????????

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default A little bit curious?????????

How many people came to Aus for a reccy and thought, "sod this for laugh, its not that good"?
We are one of the many people who came here without ever visiting :scared:
The day we landed we though "OMG, what have we done?"
We dreamt of all the long open roads with no traffic for miles, then sat in a 2 mile traffic jam on the way from airport to our accom.(even talking about congestion charges here)
We imagined vast areas of red soil and wild kangaroos and saw graffiti on every corner and more chavs than a Oasis get together, you gotta love those utes

After being here for 8 weeks now we find this is all part of the Aussy way of life and actually love it.
We wouldn't go back to live at all, even find myself on car lots looking at 5ltr V8 falcon utes with loving eyes

Just being a bit nosey
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:11 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little bit curious?????????

Originally Posted by The S's
How many people came to Aus for a reccy and thought, "sod this for laugh, its not that good"?
We dreamt of all the long open roads with no traffic for miles, then sat in a 2 mile traffic jam on the way from airport to our accom.(even talking about congestion charges here)
We imagined vast areas of red soil and wild kangaroos and saw graffiti on every corner and more chavs than a Oasis get together, you gotta love those utes

After being here for 8 weeks now we find this is all part of the Aussy way of life and actually love it.
We wouldn't go back to live at all, even find myself on car lots looking at 5ltr V8 falcon utes with loving eyes

Just being a bit nosey
We came out on holiday 5 weeks before moving for good, but it was just that - a holiday, not a recce. We'd never been before, just decided to come. Been here almost a year and not regretted a day of it yet.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

hi came out to melbourne didnt like it came to qld forest lake 4 times just couldnt get enough of brisbane been here 3yrs now never been back just loving it thought you would of been in the pub today
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:44 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

How many people who come to Oz have never actually been there before? I think quite alot. I have been to many countries before i lived there. Though the first time i came to Oz was on a WHV and then i found out how much i loved it. I was lucky. Some people have dreams to live in another country, but when they get there its not what they expected. Probably best to visit before making the commitment(sp).
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wintersgills
hi came out to melbourne didnt like it came to qld forest lake 4 times just couldnt get enough of brisbane been here 3yrs now never been back just loving it thought you would of been in the pub today
thought we would have a change of scenery today. Went to colleges crossing in Karalee again. Had an ice cream and kids played in the river. Had a few to many in the lions last night too
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Just being a bit nosey
I came to aus twice before we moved out and said both times I'd never live in Aus! I've since come to learn its the area you choose. We definately weren't happy in bayside, it felt so claustrophobic - couldn't quite put finger on it at time, actually blamed the whole of australia and assumed it was all going to be the same. Had a different experience this time round. Really thought about where to live, it was very difficult. Kept visiting Noosa/Eumundi area and felt it just had that nice 'right' feel about it. It all depends on the area of UK you've come from. Very difficult to find places in the aus nicer than where we came from in suffolk, its just very different up here and we accept that.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

your keen going in the river beware of the bullsharks :scared: dont drink the guinness down there it tasts like sh.....................t
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wintersgills
your keen going in the river beware of the bullsharks :scared: dont drink the guinness down there it tasts like sh.....................t
Mrs S drinks the cougar. Can't believe they sell alcopop on draught. Its a bit of an odd ball place but its cheap and they pick us up and take us home. Oh they look after the ankle bitters too
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs S drinks the cougar. Can't believe they sell alcopop on draught. Its a bit of an odd ball place but its cheap and they pick us up and take us home. Oh they look after the ankle bitters too
aye its good ime a member but you wont believe i never get time to go cougers gud i like a drop of geinius bundys the stuff with lemonade
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:33 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Just being a bit nosey
Brisbane is a large city,what did you expect, you can have long open roads with no traffic jams and vast open spaces with kangaroos and no garffiti if you live in country or rural Australia rather then a large city
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Brisbane is a large city,what did you expect, you can have long open roads with no traffic jams and vast open spaces with kangaroos and no garffiti if you live in country or rural Australia rather then a large city
Sorry for my naivety, you can alway rely on someone busting your balls on this site.
Yes I know Brisbane is a big city, so was Birmingham, I was just saying that the amount of similarities was surprising considering the differing scales of the two countries, sorry if I have upset you. I was just trying to explain my thoughts in a little hearted manner but I some times forget this site does not allow for such intellectually challenged people as me
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:16 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for my naivety, you can alway rely on someone busting your balls on this site.
Yes I know Brisbane is a big city, so was Birmingham, I was just saying that the amount of similarities was surprising considering the differing scales of the two countries, sorry if I have upset you. I was just trying to explain my thoughts in a little hearted manner but I some times forget this site does not allow for such intellectually challenged people as me
Lord Pom Percy apologises.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Sep 3rd 2006 at 10:18 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:25 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

My eyes need a service! I thought this thread said "A little Bi curious"!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
My eyes need a service! I thought this thread said "A little Bi curious"!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, if only I could get rid of the other half for a hour maybe then......
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, if only I could get rid of the other half for a hour maybe then......

Or u could let them stick around!

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Sep 3rd 2006 at 11:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.