Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Liquid Piriton available in Australia?

Is Liquid Piriton available in Australia?

Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

cshowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Liquid Piriton available in Australia?

Hello

We are travelling to Australia for a couple of weeks and my 2 year old has a very severe food allergy. Over here we give him liquid piriton the minute we spot a problem (his face swells up). Someone told me this morning that liquid piriton is not licensed in Australia so we can't bring it with us, although we can bring his epi-pen.

Does anyone know if this is the case, or could point me in the direction of an online resource which may be able to help me? I have done a google search and not been able to find anything.

Many thanks

Carolyn
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Liquid Piriton available in Australia?

Originally Posted by cshowell
Hello

We are travelling to Australia for a couple of weeks and my 2 year old has a very severe food allergy. Over here we give him liquid piriton the minute we spot a problem (his face swells up). Someone told me this morning that liquid piriton is not licensed in Australia so we can't bring it with us, although we can bring his epi-pen.

Does anyone know if this is the case, or could point me in the direction of an online resource which may be able to help me? I have done a google search and not been able to find anything.

Many thanks

Carolyn
Don't think it is. I use piriton tablets, and the closest I've found here is polaramine.
Don't see why you can't bring it with you though, I bring back shedloads of the piriton tablets every time I return from the UK
If you get it on prescription, bring a letter from the doctor to say the kiddie needs it.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

cshowell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

When we came for a visit with our daughter with food allergies we had to have a letter from the Dr saying she needed an Epipen. This is so we could carry a 'needle' on board the plane. Just get the Dr to add the Piriton onto the letter. Although you can just bring some, as Polly said. If it's not licensed here, I assume it means you can't buy it, but can bring your own.....but that's just my opinion.

We use liquid Clarityne here and it seems to be very similar. HTH