Wikiposts

The lion loses his L's

Old Mar 13th 2004, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The lion loses his L's

Originally posted by Bix
I am one happy lion

Passed the UK driving test today on first attempt.

Would never have started if it wasn't for the OZ desire so it's
changed our lives even if the dream doesn't materialise.

Cheers everyone

The lion is roaring tonight
Hey well done there Bix-have a congratulatory wink from my gorgeous avatar Mrs.N
Old Mar 13th 2004, 6:01 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

u da man
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amazulu
Well done. It took me 4 goes to get mine!. What car are you getting?.
Hi Amazulu,

Yeah, am well pleased as instructor says older people take a lot longer to learn as they have so much other "junk" in their head to contend with.

He says the norm is as many lessons as your age plus half again.
I took 33 hours so that makes me 22. Well, okay I'm well within the norm

Have picked up a Renault 19 saloon. 10 years old with 82k on the clock and only one owner so pretty good deal. Reckon it's going to make a good starter
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

PUK, It's okay. Roads are narrow here so I just bouce off the sides like a toboggan run. BDB says many thanks. She is already a nervous reck

MrsN, Love the new Avatar. Nice to see you using your portrait
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:56 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Well done Bix,

For what it's worth, I loved driving around Adelaide, it was so easy. I'm not the most confident driver here and was worried about multi-lane roads being the norm but found it was no problem at all.

You''l have a ball driving in Aus, I'm sure. Just watch out for the speed cameras and don't go drink-driving! (Not that I think you would....)

Elaine M
Old Mar 13th 2004, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Bix
PUK, It's okay. Roads are narrow here so I just bouce off the sides like a toboggan run. BDB says many thanks. She is already a nervous reck

MrsN, Love the new Avatar. Nice to see you using your portrait
...Oh I'm far better looking than her...LOL!!!! Mrs.N
Old Mar 13th 2004, 9:24 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by Elaine M
Well done Bix,

For what it's worth, I loved driving around Adelaide, it was so easy. I'm not the most confident driver here and was worried about multi-lane roads being the norm but found it was no problem at all.

You''l have a ball driving in Aus, I'm sure. Just watch out for the speed cameras and don't go drink-driving! (Not that I think you would....)

Elaine M
Thanks EM.
Have already decided I won't even have one drink if i'm likely to be driving. In fact there was a possibility I had to pick up one of the sons late last night so that put paid to my planned celebration But the wine will be a bit more matured

MrsN, I'm sure your beauty is the talk of Stafford
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Bix
Thanks EM.
Have already decided I won't even have one drink if i'm likely to be driving. In fact there was a possibility I had to pick up one of the sons late last night so that put paid to my planned celebration But the wine will be a bit more matured

MrsN, I'm sure your beauty is the talk of Stafford
LOL.:scared: Mrs.N
Old Mar 14th 2004, 6:28 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by neal
LOL.:scared: Mrs.N
Having seen your photo, I think the avatar is a good likeness

Cheers
Jill

Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:52 am
Forum Regular