IT link

Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:41 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT link

Hi

While searching for jobs in Aus I came across this link regarding It professionals.
Been a mechanical fitter its not realy relevant to me but I know some of you are into IT.

Regards chris.

http://careerone.com.au/resources/st...-22544,00.html
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT link

Originally posted by chrisg28
Hi

While searching for jobs in Aus I came across this link regarding It professionals.
Been a mechanical fitter its not realy relevant to me but I know some of you are into IT.

Regards chris.

http://careerone.com.au/resources/st...-22544,00.html
Excellent! I wish I worked in IT.

Oh... I do !!!

Happy days,
JTL
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT link

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Excellent! I wish I worked in IT.

Oh... I do !!!

Happy days,
JTL
Me too. Hope I can get a piece of that pie!! Saw that survey on the web the other day and it made me smile a bit. Specially cos my UK wage is in the lower echelon's of that survey
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

CtrlAltDel is an unknown quantity at this point

Woohoo, that's me! Sadly I've only just started the long process, my ACS skills assessment is currently in the tender care of the Royal Mail, and we're not expecting to get there before September of next year Plenty of time for the market to collapse...

Actually, after playing around with Yahoo's currency converter, it really shows the difference in market value: I'm a senior programmer, not quite at team leader level, yet I earn close to AUS$ 100K at today's currency rates. I wonder if I can hack what looks like a 50% pay cut?

From what I know of the standard of living, I would say yes (I only have to think of the difference in petrol prices... )

Last edited by CtrlAltDel; Jun 16th 2004 at 9:53 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:48 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

where are you thinking of heading to in Australia? We think we'll be heading out around the same time

Marko
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

CtrlAltDel is an unknown quantity at this point

We're planning on the Sydney area; my dad lives up the coast in Umina, and my wife has a cousin in Lane Cove, an uncle just south of Umina near the Hawkesbury (and anoher cousin in Cairns, but that's too far to count )

If we wanted to be more specific, either Lane Cove or Chatswood. Really, as an IT professional, it has to be Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:36 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by CtrlAltDel
Really, as an IT professional, it has to be Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
You may find Sydney next-to-impossible to get into, and come to that maybe Melbourne too in time. There seem to be far too many ITers wanting to go to NSW and VIC and the pot's rapidly filling up.

Don't let me put you off though; you may have some specific skills that are in short supply, so you may be in luck. I wish you plenty of that!

Oh, and on the subject of cost of living and can you manage on a 50% pay cut, well that's a subject that has had a pretty thorough airing on a couple of threads recently. Do a search and, well let's just say adjust your expectations: petrol may be a lot cheaper (and houses in some areas although certainly not inner Sydney or Melbourne) but not much else is!

I'm not really trying to put you off, honest! Best of luck, as I say.