in limbo

Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default in limbo

hi all

well myself and my youngest son are just about settled into our temporary home, with eldest son and his partner.

They made me really welcome when i came here for the first night last friday, cooking me a special tea of ...HOT DOGS! and the house felt bloody cold.

Id had a bad day that day, had moved out of my house on the thursday, a one women and one metro show that was, about 8 trips it took aarrrggghhhh, never again. Locked the house up on Friday morning went off to work and someone asked how the move had gone and i burst into great racking sobs..couldnt stop for an hour at least..

Anyway nearly a week down the road and we have the internet, (still no shower!) and a half finished bathroom.

They made my bedroom lovely, put up some pics from home and mirrors, trouble is my son is 6'4" so everything is at his height, i can just about see the bottom of my nose in the mirror, if i stand on me tip toes..lol

Only 7 weeks to go!

lolly
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in limbo

Originally Posted by lollyno1
hi all

well myself and my youngest son are just about settled into our temporary home, with eldest son and his partner.

They made me really welcome when i came here for the first night last friday, cooking me a special tea of ...HOT DOGS! and the house felt bloody cold.

Id had a bad day that day, had moved out of my house on the thursday, a one women and one metro show that was, about 8 trips it took aarrrggghhhh, never again. Locked the house up on Friday morning went off to work and someone asked how the move had gone and i burst into great racking sobs..couldnt stop for an hour at least..

Anyway nearly a week down the road and we have the internet, (still no shower!) and a half finished bathroom.

They made my bedroom lovely, put up some pics from home and mirrors, trouble is my son is 6'4" so everything is at his height, i can just about see the bottom of my nose in the mirror, if i stand on me tip toes..lol

Only 7 weeks to go!

lolly
I think this is probably the worst time for you. You know that soon you'll be starting again over here and you want to get on with it, especially with all the waiting for visa's, house sales etc.

Try to just enjoy the time you have left with your family, don't stress about things and try not to let your son's get under your feet (like they do when you stay in someone elses house!). Have a good Christmas with them and take each day as it comes. You will soon be here and probably missing it all.

And most of all, don't forget that I'm here if you need me
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think this is probably the worst time for you. You know that soon you'll be starting again over here and you want to get on with it, especially with all the waiting for visa's, house sales etc.

Try to just enjoy the time you have left with your family, don't stress about things and try not to let your son's get under your feet (like they do when you stay in someone elses house!). Have a good Christmas with them and take each day as it comes. You will soon be here and probably missing it all.

And most of all, don't forget that I'm here if you need me
just think of dee reem things can only get better how bad can it get in limbo in smoggy land good luck on your future
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate
I agree with Wendy on this one, you are in a state of transition and no matter how great or not great your situation you arent going to feel settled, just try to focus on the fact that you are moving on and enjoy the time you have with your son, there will be lots of tears but try to keep things in perspective, you are having to let go and start a new life, trust me, no easy task
good luck
Kelly x
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:35 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw, lolly, what a stress. It's like riding a roller coaster isn't it? All the anticipation to selling the house, then it's gone, then moving out and you go down again, then up again as you feel better, then leaving family and then arriving in Aus...
But you know what? You can do this! And above all, you will be ok. You're doing brilliantly, and considering you're doing it alone, you need a medal.

Now, deep breath... Chin up and really enjoy your family time. I love what your eldest did for you. What a sweetheart. You obviously raised him extremely well.
Have a lovely time before you travel and remember, we're here to help when you get to the other side.

x