Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lilydale, Melbourne?

Lilydale, Melbourne?

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:17 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lilydale, Melbourne?

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus View Post
furkew;
May i ask what software is she using for her business, some of the software packages are a nightmare to find the data, i work for the dept of education there is 3 of us in the school i work at looking after a network for 1600 users i also do all pc repairs 500 machines & do all the network cabling, i sometimes do pc repairs for people in the evenings your right when you mention patience some people can be a bloody nightmare i never advertise for pc work its just not worth it, most people dont have the correct software if you need to reformat & reinstall windows.
Quick books.

She was running 2004, and needed to upgrade to 2008/09, but because she had not upgraded in the meantime to 2007, the old data was not compatible with the latest version. :curse:

I got it sorted out, but only because I used a new HDD to re-format, and kept the old HDD untouched. By reconnecting the old HDD, I was able to make a proper back up, and then after a lot of faffin about, got the data sorted.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

furkew;

you have done well there mate, i have not used quick books for years i would not know where the data would be stored now its been that long.

arthur
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

If he's working in Lilydale you can look for accommodation nearer the city or further into the country along the Maroondah Highway.

I had a couple of friends there who said they didn't feel save in the town after dark (though you can say that about most places), and it's surrounded by lovely rural areas like Wonga Park and Healesville and by larger shopping centres and cinemas etc. like Chirnside Park and Croydon.

It's good value out that way and a place many would like to live if they didn't have the long journey into the City - oh and it has a train station.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

advic is an unknown quantity at this point

pom from oz & brownie

do you two know we are all in the same trade??

i did my vetassess exam in London with brownie (how you doin...?)

you may both already know eachother???

i live near blackburn...!!! small world eh?

ad
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

advic;

ive only just done the Air Con license last year, so waiting for summer to come so i can get some real experience on the Job, ive been doing the electrical part of things for people at weekends.
during the week these days i work for the dept of education working on a computer network doing the normal stuff for 1700 users also do there electrical work, then weekends i work as a spark for people, it all helps pay the bills.

Arthur