Reload this Page >

lightning bolt moment?

lightning bolt moment?

Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:19 am
Just Joined

veevee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lightning bolt moment?

Hi Everyone
I wrote a while ago talking about going to england for a couple of years and was encouraged to go for it. Well....i have decided to go for it and my partner is going to quit his job next july and we are just going to take the risk and live for the moment. I know i am talking about going the opposite way but how did you guys come to the decision, like did you have a lightning bolt moment or was it a gradual thing? i am so excited now i have finally made a decision. Tell me your stories......
Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:45 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

For us it was gradual.
We'd been on a holliday there, and my boyfriend definetly wanted to back(as did I of course, my sort of home country), so first we were talking about going back on a whv (so travelling around for a year, and working) and then it gradually became 'emigrating', for at least a few years, because we thought, wouldn't it be cool if we could go and live there, maybe a few years, maybe longer, maybe forever.
And first we thought I needed a visa too, or at least a returning resident one, but then realised I have an Aussie Passport, so I'm an Australian citizen, so I can just come back! Yipeeeeeeeeee!

Good luck with going to the UK!
Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:46 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lightning bolt moment?

Hi veevee

Met an Aussie girl last year, we talked of the options very early when we knew things were starting to get serious whether I was willing to leave for Oz with her when her Visa expired, we will talk it over again early next year with my family and her family and make the big decision then.
Think at the moment it will be yes and we should be on our way by the end of next year, fingers crossed.

TT