Light Fittings

Old Jun 7th 2004, 7:12 am
Just Joined

stuartmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Light Fittings

Hi will light fittings from the UK work in Australia? One other stupid question............will my iron be any good there? Daft questions I know but things I need help with.....thanks
Old Jun 7th 2004, 7:14 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Light Fittings

Originally posted by stuartmac
Hi will light fittings from the UK work in Australia? One other stupid question............will my iron be any good there? Daft questions I know but things I need help with.....thanks

Yes no problems. Iron will need either an adapter or new plug fitted obviously.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Light bulbs have the same bayonet fittings as the Uk ones do. All of your electrical appliances should work you will just need to get the plugs changed.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 9:15 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Light bulbs have the same bayonet fittings as the Uk ones do. All of your electrical appliances should work you will just need to get the plugs changed.

why are AUSSIE plugs so POXY !?
Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:18 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
why are AUSSIE plugs so POXY !?
Then again, why are UK plugs so over-engineered? And still so poxy despite it? Has no nation on earth designed a plug that is easy to wire?

I used to think UK plugs were superior because they are fused, but experience suggests that the plug fuse almost never blows, as the circuit breaker goes first.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
I used to think UK plugs were superior because they are fused, but experience suggests that the plug fuse almost never blows, as the circuit breaker goes first.
You're obviously a bit younger than me
I remember the days when....... plugs used to have fuse wire in them that needed changing all the time !

Then they invented these new fangled fuses......

and now they have "circuit breakers",

what will they think of next