Returned to the UK because of lifestyle
2.27%
Returned to the UK for other reasons
1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Lifestyle poll, for everyone

Old Jul 4th 2004, 6:17 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lifestyle poll, for everyone

So, seeing this is the lifestyle and culture forum, let’s do a poll about lifestyle!

In Oz/NZ: had good lifestyle, now about the same
In Oz/NZ: had crap lifestyle, now about the same
In Oz/NZ: had good lifestyle, now worse
In Oz/NZ: had good lifestyle, now even better
In Oz/NZ: had crap lifestyle, now even worse
In Oz/NZ: had crap lifestyle, now better
In Oz/NZ: lifestyle doesn’t matter, I’m with partner
Still in UK etc: going for better lifestyle etc.
Still in UK: going for the adventure etc.
Still in UK: going for the adventure and lifestyle
Still in UK: going for mainly economical reasons, eg. no mortgage
Still in the UK, going for Aussie/NZ partner

I didn't do an 'Other' option, cos then everyone fills that in, and we don't find out why. So, fill in the one that comes closest, or don't vote, and tell us about it in a post!

Oh, and I'm not sure how 'rude' the word 'crap' is, but I couldn't think of anythink better.....
Oh, and of course there's a difference between good and crap, but if I added an 'OK' option, it would've been to many options(there's too many now...)
So, either fill in what comes closest, or don't vote and post about it!

Hope I haven't forgotten any major options...
Oh, and Aussies moving back to Oz(like me), can't vote!
We don't officially belong on here anyway
Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:53 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

...erm can i have an other option..... going for a bike.

i'll vote for the adventure though.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lifestyle poll, for everyone

Originally posted by Simone
No kids to worry about and always fancied a crack at working abroad and Australia seems to fit the bill for us. We are hoping for a better lifestyle in terms of being able to do more outdoors, etc. Being fortunate enough to make a wedge from the sale of my UK house (if I ever sell the bloody thing ) I won't be mortgage free but should only need a 50-60% one (improvement on current 95 percenter).
Also, there are loads of places in Australia I want to visit and it's a much shorter journey to any of them from Brisbane
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

So, seeing this is the lifestyle and culture forum, let’s do a poll about lifestyle!

I didn't do an 'Other' option, cos then everyone fills that in, and we don't find out why. So, fill in the one that comes closest, or don't vote, and tell us about it in a post!

Oh, and I'm not sure how 'rude' the word 'crap' is, but I couldn't think of anythink better.....
Oh, and of course there's a difference between good and crap, but if I added an 'OK' option, it would've been to many options(there's too many now...)

Simone
I cant vote either
I an not in Oz yet but I am out of the UK
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:10 pm
Go Banana's !!

Wouldn't let me vote 4 times, but I know that I speak for Hubs when I say the following:

1.Going for adventure and lifestyle
2.Economic reasons (before anyone jumps down my throat we WILL be morgage free and car loan free)
3.More family there than in UK - littln' will have more cousins and all 26 of them are coming to meet us at the airport a week on Tuesday.
4.More free time (school journey 5 mins as opposed to 40 mins - don't ask - just turned out that way).

Could go on further such as horseriding not being rained off for about 6 Saturdays in a row....................

Best wishes to you all
Jill

Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:22 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

must admit ther must be something better than this, but wait!!!!!
kong will come along and tell us we are all making a mistake and where we are is much better than what we are hoping for.
p.s . i'm going because if i have children i want them to have a chance before they leave schooling
as most people on here want to go something cannot be right if we all want to leave the land of hope and glory

Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting poll Simone - as long as we can keep the little trolls way from the thread, it should give some good results!
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:14 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I have voted had a great lifestyle pretty much the same in Oz.

It is swings and roundabouts. We had a great circle of friends and social life in UK but a small house and debt.

Here we have a mortgage the same as UK but huge house and no debt with regards cc or loans etc...

We have furnished the house with good quality stuff here But

The social life is not the same. Now that could change as it is early days yet so the way I voted today could change in say 6 months time.

Hope this makes sense

Jo
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:15 pm
kong

Originally posted by woody1974

as most people on here want to go something cannot be right if we all want to leave the land of hope and glory

Something to do with the negative Brit media shoving stories of bleak Britainnia down our throats???

Their are a few reasons why the Uk has a lot of citizens departing (most come back though)

Britain is a rich country where (many but not all) people can afford to pack up and leave.

The media in the UK are notorious for their negeative headlines , thats because us Brits love to bitch and moan. It sells papers to run doom and gloom. This has been especially true since the election of B.Liar as the right wing press (Mail, Express, Telegraph etc) have an agenda to get shot of him.

The cold, wet weather. Still many British ex pats miss the cool temperate climate of UK when thay realise that hot weather is great for a holiday, but crap to work in.

Lastly, as Brits we are lucky. With pounds in our wallets we are rich internationally. Aus dollars are like monopoly money, my wifes familly really feel the pinch when they come to visit and in Oz they are middle/upper earners. Once in Oz earning the rubber dollar, unless you run a successful business you are poor by Britsh standards.

Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:26 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

*points upwards*

You failed Polly; the trolls found this.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:33 pm
Go Banana's !!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kong

Their are a few reasons why the Uk has a lot of citizens departing (most come back though)

Not strictly true.

A statistic was given to me by our shippers : out of every 100, 30 return to the UK and then 20 go back to OZ, so 90% stay.

Jill

Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:35 pm
kong

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Originally posted by kong

Not strictly true.

A statistic was given to me by our shippers : out of every 100, 30 return to the UK and then 20 go back to OZ, so 90% stay.

Jill
Thats like a tobacconist telling you that only 1 out of 10000 smokers die of cancer

Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:43 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Thats like a tobacconist telling you that only 1 out of 10000 smokers die of cancer
Great illogical analogy, though one that's expected from someone who knows they're presenting a weak and fruitless argument.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Simone,
You know I get confused if I have more than one option

I wanted to vote for going for an Aus partner but the wife wouldn't like that.

Then I was going to vote for being pressganged by the wife but that option isn't there.

So eventually decided it would have to be going foe adventure and lifestyle.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 8:32 am
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Something to do with the negative Brit media shoving stories of bleak Britainnia down our throats???

Britain is a rich country where (many but not all) people can afford to pack up and leave.

The media in the UK are notorious for their negeative headlines , thats because us Brits love to bitch and moan. It sells papers to run doom and gloom. This has been especially true since the election of B.Liar as the right wing press (Mail, Express, Telegraph etc) have an agenda to get shot of him.

The cold, wet weather. Still many British ex pats miss the cool temperate climate of UK when thay realise that hot weather is great for a holiday, but crap to work in.

Lastly, as Brits we are lucky. With pounds in our wallets we are rich internationally. Aus dollars are like monopoly money, my wifes familly really feel the pinch when they come to visit and in Oz they are middle/upper earners. Once in Oz earning the rubber dollar, unless you run a successful business you are poor by Britsh standards.

Most come back??? what an utter pile of bollocks you talk, of the dozens of friends,relatives, friends of friends and general people I know who have emigrated to Oz I know 1 who has returned to the uk.......then gone back to Oz, then come back again and then gone back to Oz because he and his family had a better more relaxed lifestyle with a brighter outlook for the future, if you really want a different lifestyle and haven't got the arrogant attitude that you obviously have then you'll make it, what you obviously didn't realise is that it's AUSTRALIA not the UK in the sun!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.