Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lifestyle in Hobart vs Cairns

Lifestyle in Hobart vs Cairns

Old May 23rd 2013, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Lifestyle in Hobart vs Cairns

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Shouldn't the quality of the university program have some bearing? If someone is coming all the way to Australia and spending a very hefty amount of money for their degree, wouldn't you think research into which is the better university would be the question?

Or maybe it's just the mother in me coming out.
Thats why I mentioned that UTAS is generally more respected then JCU. The only programs that would be superior/available at JCU would be Tropical Medicine and Marine Science.
Old May 30th 2013, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

fiftyeight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thank you guys.
After looking at responses here and reading more about the cities I have decided to go to Hobart

Thanx to everyone who responded, applying for the student visa next week!
Old May 30th 2013, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiftyeight
Hi, thank you guys.
After looking at responses here and reading more about the cities I have decided to go to Hobart

Good move I reckon... You can always chase the heat when the need becomes overwhelming.
Old May 31st 2013, 12:06 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiftyeight
Hi, thank you guys.

It would be great if you could stay in touch and let us know how things go over in Hobart, your first thoughts after moving there, how things evolved after the first few weeks (did the place live up to expectations?), new discoveries and hidden gems over there.

I for one would be very interesting in reading a first-hand experience of moving to Hobart as a place of choice, as a student (in contrast to someone having to move there because of a "take it or leave it" job offer).

Good luck and enjoy your time there!