Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life Insurance Query

Life Insurance Query

Old Mar 5th 2005, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough
Default Life Insurance Query

We are moving to Sydney (temporary on a 457 to start with ENS to follow if all works out) and have searched the forum for posts on life insurance but have not found any. We have insurance for myself and wife to make sure that our kids are covered if anything happens to us, and would like to have similar cover in Australia.

As we are temporary residents can we retain our UK life insurance?
If not how can we get cover in Sydney?

Your advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Life Insurance Query

Originally Posted by cammym
We are moving to Sydney (temporary on a 457 to start with ENS to follow if all works out) and have searched the forum for posts on life insurance but have not found any. We have insurance for myself and wife to make sure that our kids are covered if anything happens to us, and would like to have similar cover in Australia.

You will have to ask your insurance company in the uk

Rose
Old Mar 5th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Life Insurance Query

Originally Posted by cammym

I have M&S Life Insurance and have had for some years. We moved out nearly a year ago as Permanent Residents - I was informed that if you have held your UK life policy for some years (over two years) you can continue to run your policy as if you were still resident in the UK with all benefits. You must however keep a UK bank account from which your premiums are paid. I would assume that if PM's can keep their policies, surely temporary ones can.
You must get this clairification in writing from your company and obviously inform them of your change of address, once settled.

I must point out that my policy is a Life Insurance Policy only.

Last edited by surfdude; Mar 5th 2005 at 11:37 pm. Reason: spelling mistake