Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

life is good and all is well

life is good and all is well

Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default life is good and all is well

well feeling very happy and positive today, just finished night shift, had a fantastic shift for a change, drove home to a glorious sight of mist rolling over the fields, house is warm and cosy, paper boy on speed because he dosnt normally deliver until midday on weekends, rugby on soon and not back at work until tuesday night

what more could i ask for oh yes a visa would be nice soon

arlene
Old Nov 16th 2003, 10:23 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: life is good and all is well

Originally posted by arlene
well feeling very happy and positive today, just finished night shift, had a fantastic shift for a change, drove home to a glorious sight of mist rolling over the fields, house is warm and cosy, paper boy on speed because he dosnt normally deliver until midday on weekends, rugby on soon and not back at work until tuesday night

what more could i ask for oh yes a visa would be nice soon

arlene

Hi Arlene,
isnt it nice to head home to bed just as everyone else is getting up?? glad to hear all is well, fingers crossed for you that visa comes soon!!! Just finished nights too - Im off until wed pm and then on sunday and monday night - what month are we in now???

sue
Old Nov 16th 2003, 10:52 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky you I'm back on nights tonight, I cant be too miserable though as I'm in my last month before I stop work to start packing the house up and off we go!

mcmercer
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:03 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcmercer
Lucky you I'm back on nights tonight, I cant be too miserable though as I'm in my last month before I stop work to start packing the house up and off we go!

mcmercer

hi mcmercer,
take it you've got your visa! How long did it take to get? several nurses on here lately have been getting them through in a matter of weeks!

Sue
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi mcmercer,
take it you've got your visa! How long did it take to get? several nurses on here lately have been getting them through in a matter of weeks!

Sue
Hello,
They received our application 14th July, told us to get medicals and police checks beginning of august and we received our visa last week. It may have been a little quicker but the surgery who did our medicals couldn't fit us in for a fortnight and took another 2 weeks to send the forms back!

4 months from start to finish isn't bad though, how far along are you?

mcmercer
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:18 am
plumber39

I think i,m going to become a nurse!

plum!

Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:19 am

Originally posted by mcmercer
Hello,
They received our application 14th July, told us to get medicals and police checks beginning of august and we received our visa last week. It may have been a little quicker but the surgery who did our medicals couldn't fit us in for a fortnight and took another 2 weeks to send the forms back!

4 months from start to finish isn't bad though, how far along are you?

mcmercer

lol! not even started!
We were going out on a 4 year visa as i had been offered work with an agency, but as our boys are only 2 the cost of childcare made us rethink and we are now taking a couple of years to save. will prob apply end of next year and go out in 2005/6. just gathering the info for anci assessment (nightmare!).
Good look with your last weeks at work!! a colleague of mine went a couple of weeks ago (to adelaide, where we hope to end up) and from what his pals say he is having the time of his life!! but then he is single and young!!!!
do you have flights etc booked?
Sue
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:20 am

Originally posted by plumber39
I think i,m going to become a nurse!

plum!

you would be welcome on our ward mate!!! I often think there should be a plumbing module to nurse training!!

sue
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

I work nights too.
Not in now untill wednesday night.
Perhaps it is because we work nights that we want to emigrate lol.

Ann-Marie
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
lol! not even started!
We were going out on a 4 year visa as i had been offered work with an agency, but as our boys are only 2 the cost of childcare made us rethink and we are now taking a couple of years to save. will prob apply end of next year and go out in 2005/6. just gathering the info for anci assessment (nightmare!).
Good look with your last weeks at work!! a colleague of mine went a couple of weeks ago (to adelaide, where we hope to end up) and from what his pals say he is having the time of his life!! but then he is single and young!!!!
do you have flights etc booked?
Sue

We've just booked our flights today!!! Going to brisbane 21st feb, I'll hand my notice in at work tonight!!!Then I can have a few weeks of being a lady of leisure before we go.
My daughter is 5 so will be at school but the thought of uprooting her when she has just settled in reception here does concern me, however people keep telling me how flexible children are so I'm hoping thats the case.
Good luck with skills assessment, I found anci helpful, it was the NMC this end who caused problems for me.
I think the post suggesting we are all emigrating because of working nights may be onto something...
regards,

mcmercer
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

well had a few hours sleep, afternoon down the pub (lush or what) roaring fire in the pub, indian meal ordered for now, life is still good and all is well (still 100% on this move though just enjoying what life has to offer right now)

life is what you make it and it depends who you are spending it with i suppose

arlene